Latest post Tue, Dec 7 2010 4:40 PM by Indifilmz. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 7 2010 4:40 PM

• Indifilmz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, May 4 2008
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 19
    • Points 285

aaf conform question

hi guys!

Finally after months (5-6months!) of getting the DS ready, here is my chance to get the first project going on ;) I am a bit excited :) 

I got some AAF files that came from Final Cut Pro - using new BorisFX plug-in to export AAFs. I was able to bring them into Symphony but need to skip that step and go to DS for conform straight away if possible.

So i got these AAFs and the original media was SD .mov files. The stock footage place has since re-telecinined all their negative into HD and have sent me bunch of folders named same as the .mov clips with jp2 and dpx sequences (a bit of both).

1. Is there a way to conform AAF in DS and re-link to these image sequences instead of .mov files? I am hoping to put the tips from Igor's footage to use - I am guessing the KEY will be in selecting "Use Alternate Video Sources"? I am so NEW to DS that I had no clue how to even click "IMPORT' till cruising this forum for the last few hours... 

2. Can I somehow preview the footage from DS on my external monitor? I am using Nitris Classic with BOB and HD-SDI out. It works like a charm with my dual boot Symphony. I am running DS 10.3.1 if it makes any difference. 

Thanks guys!

Look forward to getting stuck into this first thing tomorrow - just wrapping my day at 3am in oz now to start at this at 7am ;) 

Cheers

Lav

Avid Symphony v4 & DS 10.3.1 running dual boot on xw8400 x5355 @ 2.66GHz HP workstation with Nitris Classic DNA BOB. Workstation has 8GB of RAM and... [view my complete system specs]

Regards, Lav Bodnaruk http://www.lavproductions.com

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller