Latest post Wed, Jun 23 2021 7:07 PM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 22 2021 8:52 PM

MC 2018.12.15 Background transcode service not starting (once again).

HI All.

Recently updated multiple edit suites from 2018.12.11, .12 and .14 to 2018.12.15 on multiple sites (and a few to 2021.2)  While in general things work fine today a known problem reappeared. One site reported that the background transcode service doesn't start.

So I have started to remote in into multiple systems and indeed, on some it fails to start. I have only accessed a few systems but several have the problem while others don't. I can't find any coherence between the machines on which it fails or work... it looks random. I only used the full iinstaller but one client also used the patch with the same result

The windows eventlog only reports: The Avid Editor Transcode service terminated unexpectedly. Event ID 7034. And if you start the service in windows services: an error 1607 is observed. uninstall install of MC, deletion of the C:\Program Files\Avid\Editor Transcode folder, removal of the default ama plugins, none fix the issue. Also on one system on which I performed a windows 10 reset 5 days ago and which has a clean install of 2018.12.15  the background transcode service crashes. 

Anybody else seeing this?

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Tue, Mar 23 2021 2:31 PM In reply to

Re: MC 2018.12.15 Background transcode service not starting (once again).

And found the cause of the problem.

In:

C:\ProgramData\Avid\Avid Editor Transcode

the file:

DMSTranscode.ini

is missing.

If you do not have this file create a textfile with notepad and copy paste the underneath:

@1%tProvider_Name=Avid Editor Transcode

@2%tProduction_Services_Engine_Hostname=localhost

@5%?MaxJobs=1

Then save as DMSTranscode.ini and things should be back to normal.
    Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

• Tue, Jun 1 2021 7:38 PM In reply to

• sivanxyz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 6 2020
    • Posts 4
    • Points 40

Same issue here. After an upgrade from 12.10 to 12.15

Your solution works!

May I ask how you got to it?

I was starting to go nuts with re-installations and considered reinstalling windows...

Thank you!

• Wed, Jun 23 2021 3:47 PM In reply to

• Richard Lowe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 18 2012
    • Leeds, UK
    • Posts 10
    • Points 120

Good work Jeroen, this has been driving me mad for a while. Adding the .ini file cured the issue.

Regards

Richard

• Wed, Jun 23 2021 4:02 PM In reply to

OH what happens if you change max jobs from 1 to say 5 ?.....

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Wed, Jun 23 2021 7:07 PM In reply to

It will do 5 jobs in parallel. Do not ask about (remaining) performance for mc.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller