Latest post Thu, May 24 2012 11:20 AM by usatraveler. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 24 2012 12:14 AM

• Guillaume
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 12 2005
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 6
    • Points 100

Plugin putting filename on screen

Hey all,

I'm looking for a plugin able to put on screen the filename of my rushes: when I'm not purely editing I supervise the compositing and need to review each single frame and rush. It would be great to get this kind of plugin, able to put on screen the filename of the video file I'm reviewing, without having to get back to my timeline so I can read there the filename to approve or deny.

Anything in mind?

Thank you, 

Symphony 7 and Pro Tools 11 on 8 cores Xeon / 24GB Ram / 20 TB Raid 1+0 /Fast Track C400 on 2 x HS50M / 30" + 24" screens on GTX680. Win 8 &... [view my complete system specs]

Onickz Artworks productions - http://www.onickz.com

• Thu, May 24 2012 12:26 AM In reply to

Re: Plugin putting filename on screen

Effects > Generator > Timecode Burn-In

For the Display (Display 1 by default), set the content of one line to "Source Clip Name."

That should do it!

For maximum efficiency, so that you don't have to apply it to every clip, make an empty video track above your content, and drag the effect into that empty video track.  Therefore, you'll have just one instance of the effect, but it'll automatically change depending on which clip is playing.

Does this make sense?  It should be exactly what you need.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.15.6, Avid Media Composer 2020.12 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 24 2012 12:33 AM In reply to

The Generator Effects (Time Code & Sub Cap) can display the Source Clip Name.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Thu, May 24 2012 9:01 AM In reply to

• Guillaume
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 12 2005
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 6
    • Points 100

Thank you a lot Usatraveler and Randall, you made my day. I just created a fx setting showing source clip name, frame count that I could import in every single episode to check, it's a huge time saver. Regards. And hurray to Avid.

Symphony 7 and Pro Tools 11 on 8 cores Xeon / 24GB Ram / 20 TB Raid 1+0 /Fast Track C400 on 2 x HS50M / 30" + 24" screens on GTX680. Win 8 &... [view my complete system specs]

Onickz Artworks productions - http://www.onickz.com

• Thu, May 24 2012 11:20 AM In reply to

Awesome, glad to help!  Hurray to Avid indeed!  This is a big, big reason why editable/effect-receiving "filler" in the timeline is an extremely valuable option.  I also like how if you change source clip names, it updates in the effect instantly.  So many "little things" about the Avid that have the editor in mind, that you never really quite discover until you need them.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.15.6, Avid Media Composer 2020.12 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller