Latest post Sat, Jul 2 2022 7:27 AM by camoscato. 36 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 25 2013 2:01 PM In reply to

Re: Timewarp effect does not apply

Oops, didnt see that. Thank you! :)

• Thu, Apr 25 2013 2:21 PM In reply to

You're quite welcome, Simon. Happy editing!Yes

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Jul 1 2022 3:57 PM In reply to

• ergalthema
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 2 2021
    • Posts 5
    • Points 50

I'm in the same situation as OP, but I don't see any option to do this:

bwilhelm:

However, you can promote motion adapters to full timewarp effects in the Motion Effect Editor
    and gain access to all of the parameters (ie: speed keyframes, etc.) of the timewarp that way.
    Try that and please report back whether it works or not.

In the Motion Effect Editor, I see no option to promote. All settings are greyed-out. 

• Fri, Jul 1 2022 5:02 PM In reply to

ergalthema:

I'm in the same situation as OP, but I don't see any option to do this:

bwilhelm:

However, you can promote motion adapters to full timewarp effects in the Motion Effect Editor
    and gain access to all of the parameters (ie: speed keyframes, etc.) of the timewarp that way.
    Try that and please report back whether it works or not.

In the Motion Effect Editor, I see no option to promote. All settings are greyed-out. 

Can you post a screenshot? It sounds like you may not be parked on the clip, or maybe the track is not enabled, but it's hard to say without seeing it.

Media Composer 2022.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Jul 1 2022 5:23 PM In reply to

• ergalthema
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 50

Clip is a MOV with alpha... in a different frame rate and resolution from the project. Track is enabled, and I'm parked on the clip.  I'll send a screenshot if I can't figure it out soon.

• Fri, Jul 1 2022 5:29 PM In reply to

• ergalthema
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 50

I was able to apply Timewarp to the separate tracks after stepping in. Kind of clunky, but it worked. (I would have just edited my reply, but this forum makes all my posts disappear until they are approved, I guess.)

• Sat, Jul 2 2022 7:27 AM In reply to

I'm glad you were able to figure it out.

ergalthema:
    this forum makes all my posts disappear until they are approved, I guess

Yes, because you are new to the forum, your posts have to be approved. I set your status to unmoderated, so that should'nt happen any longer.

Media Composer 2022.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 3 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller