Latest post Thu, Jul 7 2022 8:56 AM by camoscato. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 6 2022 3:46 PM

EXCEPTION: PMM_SYNCH_FAILURE

Hi,

I've just started getting this message on a sequence that I'm trying to export. The sequence was fine yesterday but I've added some clips and audio.

I've put in the forum search and nothing comes up for the above term?

The sequence plays back fine.

All effects are rendered.

I have copied the timeline into a new sequence.

I have mixed down both video (didn't work) and audio (this worked)

I can export as MP4 for both video and audio separately but not together.

So there is some issue with synch between video and audio but I have no idea what or where the issue is (or why).

Can anyone help? I've just come back to AVID from almost ten years in Prem and already spending more time troubleshooting than I am editing.

Many thanks!

MC 2021.6.0.55401.0 - iMac 2019 - MacOS 10.15.7 Catalina - 3.8 Ghz 8-Core Intel i9 - 64GB - Radeon Pro 575 x 4GB

MC 2021.6.0.55401.0 - iMac 2019 - MacOS 10.15.7 Catalina - 3.8 Ghz 8-Core Intel i9 - 64GB - Radeon Pro 575 x 4GB [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 6 2022 6:41 PM In reply to

Re: EXCEPTION: PMM_SYNCH_FAILURE

Hi,

Try the 'divide & conquer' method described here:

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/Divide-and-Conquer

Instead of using 'play in/out' try to export just the marked section and see if it exports without an error. If it does, you know the problem is not in that section.

Alexander J Cockburn:
    The sequence was fine yesterday but I've added some clips and audio.

I'd suspect the clip(s) added most recently.

Media Composer 2022.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Jul 7 2022 8:29 AM In reply to

Hi camoscato,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. In fact i had tried that first but I have a feeling I may not have checked the "use marks" option in export as I got the same result all along the timeline.

Anyway I read a post and they had found it was an audio sample rate issue so I looked at all the new clips added and indeed there was an audio clip that didnb't have teh project sample rate...re-transcoded and all was good.

I foget AVID is like an F1 car and just can't deal with anything not set up as per the project.

Thanks again

MC 2021.6.0.55401.0 - iMac 2019 - MacOS 10.15.7 Catalina - 3.8 Ghz 8-Core Intel i9 - 64GB - Radeon Pro 575 x 4GB [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 7 2022 8:56 AM In reply to

You're welcome, and I'm glad you were able to get it solved. Thank you for posting the solution.

Media Composer 2022.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller