Latest post Thu, Sep 23 2021 10:38 AM by Bruno M. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 23 2021 10:18 AM

"negative" video sync delay?

Hi,

I'am experiencing that my composer video is slightly behind the audio. Can't correct is with the function "Video Sync Delay for remote client", because I would have to set a negative amount of milliseconds.

Any workaround?

Michael

MC 19.07, WIN 10 x64, HP z840, dual E5-2640v3 2.6Ghz, 8x4GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M4000, MXO2 LE, Artist Mix [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 23 2021 10:38 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 851
    • Points 10,900

Re: "negative" video sync delay?

This is a common problem when sending video to an external display - is this what you're doing?

It happens because most LCD/LED displays have a delay in actually displaying the video on the screen, compared to the audio.

People who have home cinema systems see this when they route their audio (from say, a Blu Ray player) to their home hifi systems. 

There's two ways to fix this.

1) buy an external audio delay unit. You can buy domestic audio delay boxes that are used in the above home cinema environments which cost about $50. These are often simple units with a couple of fixed delays and possibly optical only inputs/outputs. If you want something more 'professional', Behringer make some units at a reasonable price. 

Eg...

https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0A3Q

2) If your external monitor has HDMI inputs and has it's own speakers, these will already have the delay buit-in. If the monitor has audio outputs, you could use these.

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Decklink 4K, Symphony 2020, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller