Latest post Thu, Sep 23 2021 10:00 AM by Bruno M. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 22 2021 9:26 PM

Get rid of Audio on Subclips

Hey dear friends,

this issue really bugs me:
    I am working for an editor who first said she wanted all audio on the subclip, but noch after she saw the first 3 shootingdays she wants only the mixdown.

She already edited with these subclips and now I have a huge amount of work ahead, which I would like to avoid.

Since the Unlink-modify-relink method doesn't work for subclips I really don't want to create new subclips with only 2 audio tracks and re edit everything she did.

Is there another way? She still wants to double match frame to get to the original audio master clip.

Thank you very much, your help is very much appreciated. 

• Thu, Sep 23 2021 10:00 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 851
    • Points 10,900

Re: Get rid of Audio on Subclips

Before you look for a way to do this, have you asked her why she's changed her mind?

The mixdown tracks are usually for monitoring purposes and wouldn't be used in the final dubbing session.

Is the edit going for a sound dub in something like Protools? If so, you'd usually want to include the separate audio tracks that were recorded. Assuming an AAF export, how would the dubbing mixer get access to these tracks if they weren't included in the edit?

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Decklink 4K, Symphony 2020, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller