Latest post Sat, Sep 18 2021 1:13 PM by Pat Horridge. 17 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 17 2021 10:52 PM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 851
    • Points 10,900

Re: Audio match frame export

I was assuming the video and audio came from the same master clip, so that source names were the same.

If it was separate sound then I don't see how this will work. In fact, I can't see how the AAF method would have worked in this case, as there would also be no matching source name/Tape number etc.

If your video has a tape number you could assign the matching number to the audio tape number, and use this to relink - but I suspect this might be as much work as your original match-framing method.

It might be possible to force a relink based purely on timecode, observing the caveats already mentioned about repeating timecode on different shooting days. I seem to remember I managed to do this some years ago by using the 'Relink to all Selected Items in Open Bins' option, and setting the 'Ignore suffix' to include the whole source or tape name.

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Decklink 4K, Symphony 2020, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Sep 18 2021 6:32 AM In reply to

Bruno M:
    I can't see how the AAF method would have worked in this case, as there would also be no matching source name/Tape number etc.

If you work from AutoSynced clips, you have essentially created the relationship between the picture and sound clips, and can therefore matchframe to the AutoSynced clips. 

Finding ways to automate this process (other than a macro utility) seems like way more work than doing the task itself. Yes, it would be great if MC had the ability to let you prep macro's like this.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Sep 18 2021 1:13 PM In reply to

Bruno M:

I'm wondering if this could be done with an EDL?

The procedure would be as follows.

1) Use list tool to export the video only sequence as an EDL.

2) Open EDL in text editor - like Wordpad.

3) Use 'Find & Replace' feature to change all instances of a single, capital 'V' to 'AA/V'

4) Save EDL.

5) Import EDL into MC.

6) Relink timeline.

This is the sort of function the various Audio post tools offer. they can even do it from an EDL. But it only works if the audio is from the same video clip.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | www.vet-training.co.uk|

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller