Latest post Fri, Oct 1 2021 5:15 AM by Cagney. 40 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Sep 12 2021 7:10 AM In reply to

Re: Anyone watch the 2021.9 live stream? What a joke.

ripvanmarlowe:
    Dockable tool pallet - big whoop

This sounds handy for customizing workspaces, actually.

I've been having a better than expected experience on v2021.6 after remote eat or be eaten editing on v2018.12.  
    Times are tough and reliability is much appreciated after getting superior support on my upgrade. Not having the types of issues our Mac friends have been reporting. I do miss my Caps Lock button, though.

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 12 2021 11:33 AM In reply to

• Mercer
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 15 2010
    • UK
    • Posts 734
    • Points 9,420

Philip Kapadia:
    I think that's a bit of a stretch, That's been added no?

Phillip, if you promote a legacy title tool to Titler+ and all formating inexplicably goes and then you go into the edit mode to correct, then where do you find simple V&H alignment - as in click on the frame adjust both - what do 'Translate' and 'Origin' mean? Who came up with those?

And when you inherit a long running broadcast series with thousands of titles in a combination of Marquee and legacy Title Tool and you have only the new Titler+ to promote too, which you may need because in 2020/1 there are artifacts all over the legacy tool for rollers, then 'stretch' maybe the least of the words you reach for, out loudBig Smile

MC with Symphony option, 2021.6, HP ZBook 17 G5, i7-8850H 6 core/64GB ram/512 M2 ssd/Nvidia Quadro P5200/16GB/FHD, HP Thunderbolt Dock G2, BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 12 2021 11:43 AM In reply to

Mercer:

Philip Kapadia:
    I think that's a bit of a stretch, That's been added no?

Phillip, if you promote a legacy title tool to Titler+ and all formating inexplicably goes and then you go into the edit mode to correct, then where do you find simple V&H alignment - as in click on the frame adjust both - what do 'Translate' and 'Origin' mean? Who came up with those?

And when you inherit a long running broadcast series with thousands of titles in a combination of Marquee and legacy Title Tool and you have only the new Titler+ to promote too, which you may need because in 2020/1 there are artifacts all over the legacy tool for rollers, then 'stretch' maybe the least of the words you reach for, out loudBig Smile

I'm probably missing something here, but isn't V&H alignment here?

Understand your other points though. 

https://philipkapadia.com/my-equipment [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 12 2021 11:48 AM In reply to

• Mercer
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • UK
    • Posts 734
    • Points 9,420

That's if you create a new title but when you promote an old one you have to use the effects editor and I can't find similar. I have thousands of titles as I say and 2 days to online and grade each programme. If the new Titler+ behaved like the old one - i.e. you launch it's dedicated editor when adjusting then that would be a little help but once created you seem to have to use the effects editor, thereafter - maybe you're young mind knows differently but I didn't have any further time to faffYes

MC with Symphony option, 2021.6, HP ZBook 17 G5, i7-8850H 6 core/64GB ram/512 M2 ssd/Nvidia Quadro P5200/16GB/FHD, HP Thunderbolt Dock G2, BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 12 2021 12:10 PM In reply to

Mercer:

That's if you create a new title but when you promote an old one you have to use the effects editor and I can't find similar. I have thousands of titles as I say and 2 days to online and grade each programme. If the new Titler+ behaved like the old one - i.e. you launch it's dedicated editor when adjusting then that would be a little help but once created you seem to have to use the effects editor, thereafter - maybe you're young mind knows differently but I didn't have any further time to faffYes

ahh, I didn't know that promoting a title to titler + doesn't open up the titler + interface - how stupid. 

Anyway, the alignment settings in the effect editor can be found under: Layer > Justification. See screenshot

• Sun, Sep 12 2021 12:13 PM In reply to

Also, This is a fun bug with the Titler... It's huge!

• Sun, Sep 12 2021 1:10 PM In reply to

• Mercer
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • UK
    • Posts 734
    • Points 9,420

Thanks Phillip but that didn't work for me - the 'Horizontal Center' justifies text centrally within the attendant frame - it is that frame, as in the legacy Title Tool, that I need to find a way to centreYes

• Sun, Sep 12 2021 11:43 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,815
    • Points 63,150

Mercer:

Thanks Phillip but that didn't work for me - the 'Horizontal Center' justifies text centrally within the attendant frame - it is that frame, as in the legacy Title Tool, that I need to find a way to centreYes

I seem to recall that it behaves differently depending on whether you have the text or text box selected but I'm not in front of my machine now.

I too am disappointed with the feature set of this release (although most new features are valuable to me). They just aren't spectacular considering the wait time.

MC 2021.6 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2021 | Sapphire 2021 | Mocha Pro 2021 | Titler Pro 7.7 | Windows 10 Pro x64 (21H1) | System: Asus x299, i9-7940X (4.1GHz... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Mon, Sep 13 2021 12:15 AM In reply to

BarkinMadd:

Mercer:

I seem to recall that it behaves differently depending on whether you have the text or text box selected but I'm not in front of my machine now.

That's what I was thinking. Mercer, how do you have your text highlighted/selected? 

• Mon, Sep 13 2021 10:59 AM In reply to

• ns400r
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 9 2011
    • Nova Scotia/Toronto
    • Posts 52
    • Points 750

Avid stock price on July 9 - $39.48, closed on Friday at $25.46. 

This is ALL they care about! 

WIN10 - 128GB ram, 2x GTX1080TI, i9-10940x, QNAP TVS-872XT, 64TB 10G NAS Been on Avid since 1996. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Sep 13 2021 6:09 PM In reply to

• Pol
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Belgium
    • Posts 231
    • Points 2,965

Yes, it was disappointing. But I'm still hoping on M1 support.

SRT support just for enterprise is very lame. 

I recommend Magewell. Very low cost and it works very well.

http://www.magewell.com/products/usb-capture-sdi-gen-2

• Mon, Sep 13 2021 6:16 PM In reply to

M1 support supposedly not coming til next year. Just in time for M2!

Andi

HP ZBook G6 15 2.6Ghz 6-core i7 9th Gen Nvidia Quadro T2000 4GB 64GB RAM Win 10 Pro MC Ultimate 2018.12.11 MacbookPro 15 2019 6 core 2.6GHz i9... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 16 2021 6:13 PM In reply to

• cmush
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 25 2012
    • Posts 70
    • Points 890

I've reached my limit.  I've been an Avid user for 21 years.  Much of that time I have been a vocal advocate of the software.  Unfortunely I have made the hard decision to abandon it.  It is frustrating to watch such a good platform go to waste, but it is clear that there is no coherent roadmap to fix things.  The delayed support for new hardware,the fact that Avid can't seem to make something simple like a usable Titler+, and the multiplying bugs on each release has put me over the edge.  The price increase of the support contracts (which don't even offer phone support!) was the last straw.  I really wish Avid could have gotten its act together.

• Thu, Sep 16 2021 8:47 PM In reply to

cmush:

I've reached my limit.  I've been an Avid user for 21 years.  Much of that time I have been a vocal advocate of the software.  Unfortunely I have made the hard decision to abandon it.  It is frustrating to watch such a good platform go to waste, but it is clear that there is no coherent roadmap to fix things.  The delayed support for new hardware,the fact that Avid can't seem to make something simple like a usable Titler+, and the multiplying bugs on each release has put me over the edge.  The price increase of the support contracts (which don't even offer phone support!) was the last straw.  I really wish Avid could have gotten its act together.

I'm sorry to see you leave Avid, and the community. 

Even though team avid is slow with updates, there is still no question that it's the best NLE on the market. Avid is like a titanic, it takes ages to steer the ship left or right. 

Naturally, the big companies who pay most obviously get dev priority than the student with a perpatual licence at home. NDI has probably been a feature asked by a few big companies. 

• Fri, Sep 17 2021 6:27 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,921
    • Points 70,115

The Titanic went down Philip! As weird as it may possibly seem I'm looking forward for installing the coming release, hoping that it'll fix more old bugs than introduce new ones. Fingers crossed. As for the new features, too little, but at least Avid fixed the bin columns width thing that they broke themself. Crushed between lack of sensible development and price increases it's very difficult to be loyal to Avid anyway, but Resolve is not an option: it won't even load on my "underpowered" system, perfectly fit to run MC... Can't buy a 2k video card just to have almost smooth playback!

Symphony 21.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller