Latest post Fri, Jul 23 2021 8:49 AM by MoniBinis. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 21 2021 2:12 PM

• RockyPeli
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 21 2021
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Help with Avid ISIS 5500 Issues?

Hey guys,

Last ditch effort to a pretty urgent problem we’re having with our Avid ISIS 5500. We have dropped frames, playback issues, and media copying issues from degraded connection and we have clients in house. We’re also keeping an eye on some drives that may be failing (everything at once, as it were).

It seems as if we are stuck in Disk Test mode. We’ve had degraded connection all day, along with long Disk IO warnings in the System Director. There is a warning in the status dropdown reading “SM000 Disk Performance Degraded - Test mode”.

All this is to say, I’ve looked at the section to run a disk test in the Avid ISIS toolbox and nothing’s running, so there’s no test for me to stop.

We don’t have a support contract, sadly, and this machine is getting replaced in the next few months, so buying a contract for the year doesn’t seem feasible, but we’re on the lookout for any help that we can get with this issue. I know it’s a big ask.

Thank you in advance for any help - seriously.

• Thu, Jul 22 2021 2:46 AM In reply to

Re: Help with Avid ISIS 5500 Issues?

You likely have multiple drives about to fail. Can you run the ISIS toolbox and extract the SMART logs? Post it so we can check.

MC 2021.3, W10, MSI X299M, Intel 9940X, Gigabyte 2080Ti Waterforce, 64GB RAM, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, BM Mini monitor & Dell UP2718Q. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 22 2021 3:55 PM In reply to

Hi,

To check your drives you can also install hdsentinel. Just make sure you disable it from automatically starting and best practise is to not leave it open although I have never seen it affecting performance.

You will have a good indication of the state of your drives. Support also uses it to determine if drives need to be replaced if you keep your ISIS under support.

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Fri, Jul 23 2021 8:49 AM In reply to

• MoniBinis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 21 2021
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

RockyPeli:

Hey guys,

Last ditch effort to a pretty urgent problem we’re having with our Avid ISIS 5500. We have dropped frames, playback issues, and media copying issues from degraded connection and we have clients in house. We’re also keeping an eye on some drives that may be failing (everything at once, as it were).

It seems as if we are stuck in Disk Test mode. We’ve had degraded conn https://19216811.cam/ ection all day, along with long Disk IO warnings in the System Director. There is a warning in the status dropdown reading “SM000 Disk Performance Degraded - Test mode”.

All this is to say, I’ve looked at the section to run a disk test in the Avid ISIS toolbox and nothing’s running, so there’s no test for me to stop.

We don’t have a support contract, sadly, and this machine is getting replaced in the next few months, so buying a contract for the year doesn’t seem feasible, but we’re on the lookout for any help that we can get with this issue. I know it’s a big ask.

Thank you in advance for any help - seriously.

i agree with you

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller