Latest post Wed, Jun 16 2021 11:56 AM by luca.mg. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 15 2021 9:30 AM

Mouse, Trackball, Drawpad, Touchpad, Vertical mouse, or Mouse for Media Composer?

Hi all! 

Out of interest, what peripherals do we all use at our editing systems?

I have a vertical mouse, and a trackball that i'm only just getting used to. Any opinions on mouse vs trackball, etc?

https://philipkapadia.com/my-equipment [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 15 2021 2:09 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,888
    • Points 69,780

Re: Mouse, Trackball, Drawpad, Touchpad, Vertical mouse, or Mouse for Media Composer?

If You freelance stick with the mouse: that's what You will find on most desks, unless You travel with Your own peripheral. If it's Your studio and You do not freelance use whatever You're comfortable with. Some drivers may make MC not stable though.

Symphony 21.6, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Tue, Jun 15 2021 10:30 PM In reply to

Re: Mouse, Trackball, Drawpad, Touchpad, Vertical mouse, or Mouse for Media Composer?

luca.mg:

If You freelance stick with the mouse: that's what You will find on most desks, unless You travel with Your own peripheral. If it's Your studio and You do not freelance use whatever You're comfortable with. Some drivers may make MC not stable though.

Thanks for the comment. I have my own small studio :)

A very kind editor gifted me a Wacom Intous pro draw tablet, and a Kensington ball mouse. 

He insists that the drawtablet is much much faster than a mouse for video editing, and the ball mouse is also a lot better. 

Would you agree with him?  

https://philipkapadia.com/my-equipment [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 16 2021 11:56 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,888
    • Points 69,780

If an editor is accostumed to the pen/tablet/trackball she/he might find them better than the mouse, I personally keep the system as much clean as possibile, and stick to "standard" peripherals that run off the default Windows driver, with no proprietary software. An MC keyboard is the most valuable investment to make the editing experience better, IMHO! Careful with the Wacom driver, some releases are known to be uncompatible with MC, a quick forum search might enlighten You.

Symphony 21.6, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller