Latest post Wed, Jun 23 2021 5:24 AM by AndrewAction. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 9 2021 4:47 PM

• adam5000
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 656
    • Points 8,745

Elgato Stream Deck?

Looks like I'm singlehandly keeping the Off Topic thread alive, lately.

I've never used an Elgato Stream Deck. My question is would it be possible to assign the buttons to solo or mute audio tracks. There's no command pallete item to assign it, so I wonder if it's possible. Anyone using one of these and could test that function.

MC Version 8.4.4 Mac OS 10.10.5 IMac 27" 3.2 Ghz i5 16gb RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 10 2021 5:35 AM In reply to

Re: Elgato Stream Deck?

I would suggest that you may be better asking Elgato directly.  I got a very quick response from them. (about a different issue)

If I were to guess I would say no as you say there is Command palette option.  With a Colour program here and Stream Deck the first thing I had to do was add a specific keyboard profile into it's Keyboard options. I have not seen an option to do this with MC or Pro Tools. Sorry I have minimal interest in using Stream Deck with MC or Pro Tools even though it works well for me with Photoshop and Resolve. 

I have a hazy recollection that it is possible to use the Console to extend some MC functions. A search just now of these forums for Console commands brought up some interesting results from 2006. 

Good Luck.

• Thu, Jun 10 2021 5:35 AM In reply to

• Wed, Jun 23 2021 5:24 AM In reply to

adam5000:
    I wonder if it's possible
    Have a look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3NR0ROar8I

Looks like this person shows programimng the selecting and deselecting single and multiple tracks on both source and record side amongst many other things in MC.    (not solo and mute specifically)  Also shows scripting to have Elgato keys perform mouse functions which may give you options to set positions over individual gtracks solo mute buttons and perform click .

For me this scripting looked like to much effort to setup them up for my needs. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller