Latest post Tue, Jul 5 2022 5:45 PM by RickP. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 8 2021 4:15 PM

• RickP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Cleveland, OH
    • Posts 88
    • Points 970

Avid Link decided instead of using License Server, I had an expired license

That about says it.  After 3+ years with no issues, two of my lab iMacs refused to open Media Composer because my license had "expired" that day (4/7/21) instead of seeing the license server.  One I was able to point to the server, but the other will not budge.  It even has the license server information listed.  Updating to the newest Link version did nothing.  All the rest are working fine.

About to try replacing Link with Application Manager, which was an easier app to set-up.

Any other ideas?

Media Composer v2022.4 on (30) 27" Core i7 Quad-core iMacs with 16GB RAM and 23 iMac Pros with 32GB RAM all running Monterey v12.4, plus an assortment... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 8 2021 4:20 PM In reply to

Re: Avid Link decided instead of using License Server, I had an expired license

Are you using your own license server or is this Avids license server?

If its avid then you have free support re licensing issues. I'd raise a ticket with them.

If its your own flexnet licensing server then that needs to be investigated.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

• Thu, Apr 8 2021 4:41 PM In reply to

• RickP
    • Not Ranked
    • Cleveland, OH
    • Posts 88
    • Points 970

It is our own FlexNet server.  It is seen by 20+ other editors, both Mac and PC.  It is just these two that decided yesterday to ignore the license server and just one of them that could not be fixed by changing the license type.

Media Composer v2022.4 on (30) 27" Core i7 Quad-core iMacs with 16GB RAM and 23 iMac Pros with 32GB RAM all running Monterey v12.4, plus an assortment... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 8 2021 6:13 PM In reply to

• RickP
    • Not Ranked
    • Cleveland, OH
    • Posts 88
    • Points 970

Just tried uninstalling Link and installing Application Manager.  It sees the same state of "Activated" license, expired today with no ability to change it to the floating license server, which it had the location of.  Reinstalled Link, same thing again.

This computer sees the iLink service on the same computer running the FlexNet.  It just will not acknowledge the floating license for Media Composer.

• Thu, Apr 8 2021 7:56 PM In reply to

• RickP
    • Not Ranked
    • Cleveland, OH
    • Posts 88
    • Points 970

Checking the license server, the Device tab says this computer has a license that has yet to expire (looks to be 6 hours after I last tried to start-up MC, which makes sense) and the Error log says the device request was received but that the device was "not in sync with the server" and that the request for 1 count of feature "ENT_MC_ENTERPRISE_FLOATING" cannot be fulfilled. Error code: 0x71000019. 

I don't pretend to understand all of this, but something is not right.  I especially don't understand why 2 computers showed the same issues, one could be corrected in Link and one could not.

• Fri, Apr 9 2021 2:38 PM In reply to

• RickP
    • Not Ranked
    • Cleveland, OH
    • Posts 88
    • Points 970

This morning, the license entry has cleared on the server's Device Details tab.  At the computer, the I started MC and was given the option to select Floating License, bet when I did I got: Activation Failed: Trusted storage is corrupted. Flex error report: [1,7DE, 9,0[70000025,0,5006D][7200001B,o,5006D]]

Googling the error message was less than satisfactory.  I will investigate a client-side Trusted Storage, since other computers can license with no issues points away from a server-side corruption.

• Thu, Jun 30 2022 3:22 AM In reply to

• Joe J
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 30 2022
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Hi RickP

I am having the same issue, by any chance (deadlines are screaming) - did you find out how to resolve this please?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

• Thu, Jun 30 2022 7:36 AM In reply to

Joe J:

Hi RickP

I am having the same issue, by any chance (deadlines are screaming) - did you find out how to resolve this please?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

If you're having trouble, email Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com) and Chris Bové (chris.bove@avid.com). They're customer advocates and can help with this.

Media Composer 2022.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Jun 30 2022 12:42 PM In reply to

• RickP
    • Not Ranked
    • Cleveland, OH
    • Posts 88
    • Points 970

Joe,

It has been too long ago - I think students avoided that computer for the rest of the semester.  I had no complaints the following semester.  Since that time, the MacOS and versions of all applications have been updated. 

If you have a service contract, make the call.  I have had nothing but excellent help from Avid's service.

Good luck!

• Tue, Jul 5 2022 4:51 PM In reply to

• RickP
    • Not Ranked
    • Cleveland, OH
    • Posts 88
    • Points 970

Joe,

It appears the students were just avoiding that computer when using Media Composer.  I just did the OS and MC updates and it still refuses to accept the floating licence.  Link says "Floating Activated", but he error message says "Login Requred for Media Composer | First. Please Quit and login to Avid Link and relaunch Media Composer | First"

I'll be calling support shortly.

• Tue, Jul 5 2022 5:45 PM In reply to

• RickP
    • Not Ranked
    • Cleveland, OH
    • Posts 88
    • Points 970

Joe and anyone else with this problem,

Very quick remedy for this:

For MacOS:

Quit Avid Link

Delete from the MacHD the following folders: MacHD>Library>Caches>Avid>Avid Link> 'Cache' and 'BD'

and Mac HD>Application Support>Avid>'Licenses' and 'SWL'

Relaunch Avid Link and enter activation information.

For Windows:

Quit AvidLink

In File Explorer, unhide "Hidden Items"

Delete the following folders: C:>ProgramData>Avid>AvidLink>'Cache' and 'DB'

and C:>ProgramData>Avid>'Licenses' and 'SWL'

Relaunch AvidLink and enter activation information.

I actually remember doing this once back with MC 5.  I wish I had remembered, or at least left myself a note.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller