Latest post Mon, Jun 13 2011 11:46 AM by Job ter Burg. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 12 2011 9:15 PM

• NG
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 12 2011
    • Posts 15
    • Points 225

subcap in symphony

Hi

A co-worker prepared a bin with subtitles genarated in SubCap in Avid 5 for me.

The Bin doesn't open on Symphony 5. Does anyone know why?

These subtitling effect works on Symphony? From which version?

Is there any problem reciving a Bin with subtitles made with subcap on Avid Symphony?

Another weird thing was that my co-worker, because the BIN didn't open, wanted tp created these subtitles with Titletool on AVID 5 but a tecnition were he worked told him that no Bin of titles will open in symphony. Only titles made with titletool in Avid version 2.5 and under. Is that true? Any problems on Symphony Nitris?

Many Thanks

Noah

• Sun, Jun 12 2011 9:19 PM In reply to

Re: subcap in symphony

What version is the Symphony? Titles and subcaps between two corresponding version numbers of MC and SN should be completely seemless and transparent (as the core software is identical). So unless that Symphony system is severely messed up, I don't see why it should give you trouble.
    Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jun 12 2011 9:38 PM In reply to

• NG
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 15
    • Points 225

Hi job

Do you know from which symphony version you can use subcap? I'm starting to suspect that the version I used is old and does not support this effect. I don't remmember which version it was though.

• Sun, Jun 12 2011 10:23 PM In reply to

v3.0 (from which time the version numbers for MC and Symphony were changed to be the same; before that, MC was on 2.8 which equaled Symphony Nitris 1.8).
    Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 13 2011 9:43 AM In reply to

• AdamGiles
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • N.E. UK
    • Posts 461
    • Points 5,760

Are you using a Meridian Symphony v5 or Symphony Nitris v5?

HP 8710W 4 Gig Ram. M.C. 6.0.5. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 13 2011 11:20 AM In reply to

• NG
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 15
    • Points 225

Meridian Symphony v5

• Mon, Jun 13 2011 11:46 AM In reply to

That's not a Symphony Nitris. And that is a software version from November 2003. After Symphony (Meridien) v5, Symphony Nitris 1.x was introduced. The Meridien Symphony won't support HD, won't support MXF, won't support 24bit audio, won't support many of the newer resolution types, and is severely outdated. It will not understand a single thing about SubCap. However, if you render the SubCap effect on another system, the old Symphony might be able to play the sequence.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller