Latest post Thu, May 26 2011 10:47 PM by Larry Rubin. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 26 2011 6:36 PM

• upperblue
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 26 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Menu buttons disappeared.

I have Avid Xpress 5.80 Academic running on a MacBook Pro.  I recently installed Final Cut on the same system, and now that I have done so, my top menus (File, Tools, View, etc.) have disappeared.  Anyone have any idea how to restore them?

• Thu, May 26 2011 6:40 PM In reply to

Re: Menu buttons disappeared.

Try deleting and rebuilding the site settings files, they may have become corrupted. Quit the application, and from the "settings" folder, delete the following: MC State, Site_Settings, Site_Attributes. On re-launch, the system will detect the missing files and build new ones. If you had previously dragged any user settings into the site settings window, those will need to be restored after the rebuild.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, May 26 2011 6:49 PM In reply to

• upperblue
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 26 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Thanks, Larry.  This seemed to work mostly.  However, although the menu buttons have been restored, they still seem to disappear unless you hover your mouse at the top for a little bit.  Any idea how I can keep them from retreating to the background?

• Thu, May 26 2011 10:47 PM In reply to

upperblue:
    ...they still seem to disappear unless you hover your mouse at the top for a little bit. 

I've never encountered something like this, but since you say this started after installing Final Cut Pro, I would suggest that you temporarily uninstall FCP, rebuild the Avid site settings files again, and see whether or not this issue goes away. If it does, and then a re-install of FCP causes it to return, there must be some kind of conflict between the two programs.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller