Latest post Thu, Jun 9 2011 12:05 AM by Ra-ey Saleh. 45 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 9 2011 12:05 AM In reply to

Re: Hopeful news for Symphony

riojapj:

Prediction Hmm - As long as the glasses are around (and the current satellite infrastructure), it'll be a novelty within a niche for tv; spectacular cultural events, some sports, impossibly expensive docs and maybe a one-off drama special. The various autostereoscopic displays are frankly unwatchable at present, but when they do eventually crack that nut, at least the production and post tools will have matured somewhat.

I know what you mean about the glasses, especially the exorberant cost of 'active' glasses, but I've seen some demos of new 'passive' glasses and they really are awesome.  I think in the battle for 3D they'll win out, purely on cost and comfort.

Interesting article about the new glasses and difference here:

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/computers/blogs/gadgets-on-the-go/active-v-passive-3d-glasses-20110513-1elhb.html

As soon as people can 'clip on' glasses for $20 a pop they'll be far more inclined to upgrade their TVs.

Ra-ey

Symphony Nitris v7, Media Composer v7, Artist Color, ISIS v4.1, Unity MediaNetwork v5.4, Sapphire v6.1, Boris Continuum Complete v8.1.1, AvidFX... [view my complete system specs]

Media Composer 6 Certified User

Media Composer 6 Certified Professional

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

Page 4 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller