Latest post Tue, Mar 22 2011 2:06 PM by BobRusso. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 18 2011 5:45 PM

• John Moore
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 3 2006
    • Studio City, CA
    • Posts 397
    • Points 4,465

Varicam 59.94 Footage mix and match into 29.97 timeline?

Finally got my hands on some video chicken soup in witch someone cut with
    varicam 720 59.94 footage in a 30I project for offline.  Now the online sequence
    reflects clips labeled in the timeline as 59.94 and mix and match is putting a
    200 percent motion adapter not to mention the decomposed clips won't capture for
    the AE's.  I don't know the whole food change here but the offline of this stuff
    was done on Ver. 5 and I'm on Ver. 4.  I would assume the only way to do this
    was if the Varicam footage was captured in a 720 project and then the bin opened
    in the 30I offline project.  This seems related to issues I've not had to deal
    with in onlining mix and match sequences.  Given that the original clips had to
    be captured in project compatible with the source material how do you decompose
    such a sequence for online?  Is it a standard
    decompose and then create bins of the various frame rate format clips and open
    projects compatible to those clips and capture there?  At this point I think the
    AE's are just going to recapture and eye match.  Trying to figure out how to
    avoid this confusion in the future.

John Moore

Barking Trout Productions

Studio City, CA

bigfish@...

Symphony Nitris and Nitris DX 4.x and MCsoft 5.x & 5.5x, MCsoft 6, Artist Color [view my complete system specs]

John Moore Barking Trout Productions bigfish@pacbell.net

• Tue, Mar 22 2011 2:06 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,289
    • Points 28,260
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid ISIS
      Moderator: Avid NEXIS PRO
      Moderator: Avid Storage Products

Re: Varicam 59.94 Footage mix and match into 29.97 timeline?

Select the Export Decompose option in the Decompose dialog. This will show the Source Rate of the clip and allow for a target rate to be set.

For mixed frame rate project, it is standard that a project that matches the frame rate must be created for the clips to be captured.

The 720p/59.94 will have to be captured in that project type. I'm not sure why you feel you need to eye match these clips.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Post-Production Workflow Manager - NFL Films

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller