Latest post Wed, Mar 16 2011 11:06 PM by Videotech. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 15 2011 10:24 PM

• Videotech
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 2 2005
    • Posts 21
    • Points 275

DV Card with Symphony Meridien v5

Hi Guys,

I have an old Symphony Meridien v5 system and I've just acquired a DV (Firewire) card from another Symphony system, but I'm not sure whether I can use this with the meridien as I believe the card may have come from an adrenaline or nitris system.

Can any of you experts shed some light on this ?

Thanks in advance.

Graham

• Wed, Mar 16 2011 6:43 AM In reply to

• DylanReeve
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 1,680
    • Points 20,460
    • Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: DV Card with Symphony Meridien v5

Can't say for the Meridien systems but there was no DV expansion for the Adrenaline, I don't think the Nitris hardware had one either (although I'm not sure on that).

Can't tell you much more than that.

Various systems - including HP Z440 and Z840 workstations Media Composer 2018 [view my complete system specs]

Dylan Reeve - Edit Geek // Online/Offline Editor // Post Production Supervisor
    Auckland, New Zealand

• Wed, Mar 16 2011 7:15 AM In reply to

The DV option - meaning FireWire capture straight into the application - was a paid option on Meridien (I used to own that option), so you will not only need the approved FireWire card, but also a dongle that supports the option.

There were two incarnations. There were Meridiens with a Z6 card, which had an FW connector by itself. On older Meridien systems, it worked with some TI-based FireWire card.

If it's just for storage, I bet you don't need the dongle enabled option.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 16 2011 11:06 PM In reply to

• Videotech
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 2 2005
    • Posts 21
    • Points 275

Hi,

Many thanks for the interesting info, I'm not sure whether my dongle supports Firewire so I'll have to check it out before installing any cards.

KInd Regards.

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller