Latest post Mon, Feb 21 2011 1:20 PM by NV. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 21 2011 3:16 AM

• NV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 21 2011
    • Brooklyn NY
    • Posts 11
    • Points 185

Green Dot on clips after using Mixed Frame rates Media composer 5

Hello this is my first post. Thank you in advance for help if someone can solve this problem.

I use panasonic  p2  DVCPro HD (1080/50) FPS 25  files as my source. I Had to use shots from NTSC files on the same time line and there was no problem I had to transcode the sequence to export a file to FTP video to the client.

After that was done  all the new sequences that i make have the green dot as if there was a motion effect in every clip I use in the sequence. This happens even if I make a new project. I can not find a way to have the time line be same as source with out the motion effec green dot.

I have to transcode the sequence to be able to exprot the clip to send out.

How can I revert the settings back to normal since now I have only PAL  video going in to a PAL project.

Again thank you if some one can help.

Nelson.

• Mon, Feb 21 2011 4:50 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,541
    • Points 64,320
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Green Dot on clips after using Mixed Frame rates Media composer 5

Sounds like the frame rate of the project doesn't match the frame rate of the clips.  Those green dots are motion effects added to the clips to get them to play at a non-native rate.  Check the format tab and set it to 1080/25 or 1080/50 and see if that gets rid of (most of) the green dots.  If those choices aren't available, you might need to open a new project and copy the bins into it.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Mon, Feb 21 2011 6:22 AM In reply to

In the bin, right-click the sequence, choose 'Refresh' and subselect 'Motion Adapters'. This is supposed to get rid of all unnecessary motion adapters in a 25i/25p/50i mix.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 21 2011 1:20 PM In reply to

• NV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 21 2011
    • Brooklyn NY
    • Posts 11
    • Points 185

Hi HBROCK and JOB TER BURG! Thank you for your imput.

I had tried the  tried changing the rate in the format tab before without any results. then I tried right click and no luck but a combination of the the two was able to clear the effects of the time line. THANK YOU BOTH 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller