Latest post Thu, Feb 17 2011 7:47 PM by genéa. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 17 2011 7:24 PM

• genéa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 10 2007
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 21
    • Points 235

Mastering to Panasonic AJ-HD1200A through Digital Cut

Just posting a detailed answer to this problem as I've just spent 3 hours trying to figure it out and there is not very clear information in the Avid Forums.

This deck will not assemble or insert edit. You must use a Crash Record. Here are the Deck/Avid Settings:

Deck Settings:
    In Timecode (500) settings
    TCG Mode: Pre
    Run Mode: REC
    TCG Regen: TC
    TC Source: INT

You have to set the preset (line 530) to the exact frame your Avid Sequence starts at every time you start a tape. The preset changes on this deck every time you record and you have to reset it. (Completely obnoxious....)

Digital Cut window settings:
    Entire Sequence
    Add Black at Tail: 01:00:00

Deck Control: Remote, Sequence Time, Crash Record.

Black your tape at the head with enough Preroll. When you start the Digital Cut, it will catch the start time as the start of your sequence time and record from the Preset Timecode doing a regen until the end of the black at tail. The only time it will be frame inaccurate is at the very in frame of recording and the very out frame of recording. (Which is why you can't do inserts or assembles).

MC 8.8.5 Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 17 2011 7:43 PM In reply to

• Mark Renz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 21 2006
    • Kansas City, MO
    • Posts 1,040
    • Points 12,945

Re: Mastering to Panasonic AJ-HD1200A through Digital Cut

Yes only crash record on this deckSad

Here is how I do my Digital cuts:

I set the deck to external TC and send TC from my DX or Adrenaline box out to deck to get frame accurate. Enabling Generate LTC on playback in general settings.

Set sequence time to what you need to start at

Be sure to add filler to beginning to give enough time for deck to come up to speed( I add at least 10 sec)

In digital cut set:

Ignore time in deck control

crash record

add filler at end

Media Composer Nitris DX 2018.8 with Symphony option Win10 64Gb Ram * Media Composer 8.8 with Symphony option Nitris DX Dual 2.66GHz "Westmere"... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 17 2011 7:47 PM In reply to

• genéa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 10 2007
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 21
    • Points 235

Re: Mastering to Panasonic AJ-HD1200A through Digital Cut

Ahh. I was trying to do it that way but didn't know about the generate LTC setting and ended up in a world of frustration. I'll have to try it next time.

MC 8.8.5 Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller