Latest post Mon, Feb 14 2011 9:30 PM by James Rose. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 14 2011 6:43 PM

• James Rose
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 7 2010
    • Hampshire, UK
    • Posts 14
    • Points 240

Playing in the wrong aspect ratio

Heya Avid Fans!

I’ve now finished the last touches to my film!  However, I’m having great problems when exporting my film into Avid DVD by sonic.  My project is 25i 16:9 – when playing as a standalone file, the QuickTime reference file opens as 16:9.  However, when I press play, two thirds (both sides) of the screen freeze on the first frame whilst the centre third of the screen plays the QT Ref in 4:3.

Any ideas on why this might be happening?

Thanks, J

Filed under: , , ,
  • Mon, Feb 14 2011 6:55 PM In reply to

Re: Playing in the wrong aspect ratio

Hi,

What version of Media Composer are you running, and what version of Quicktime is installed on the system?

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2019.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Feb 14 2011 9:30 PM In reply to

• James Rose
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 7 2010
    • Hampshire, UK
    • Posts 14
    • Points 240

Re: Playing in the wrong aspect ratio

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your reply.    I've got AVID MC 5.0.3.7 with QUICKTIME PLAYER 7.6.6 (1671) installed.

Thanks, J

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller