Latest post Tue, Feb 8 2011 9:57 PM by camoscato. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 8 2011 9:19 PM

MC 4.02 Edu Ver. & Avid DVD Program?

I bought the MC 4.02 Educational version last year. I was under the impression Avid's DVD program was included. Is this correct? If so I never recieved it. How would I go about obtaining the DVD?

Rastus

• Tue, Feb 8 2011 9:22 PM In reply to

Re: MC 4.02 Edu Ver. & Avid DVD Program?

Hi Rastus,

Sorry, no.  You don't get the extra software with the educational version.  If you want the extra software, you have to purchase it separately:

http://shop.avid.com/store/product.do?product=306834737173424

regards,

Carl

Media Composer 2019.8 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Feb 8 2011 9:31 PM In reply to

• Filbert
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 6 2010
    • Posts 37
    • Points 525

Hmm, we had Avid DVD supplied with the EDU version (extra CD/DVD).

Just had a look, it's also confirmed on the website:

http://www.avid.com/US/resources/academic-products-pricing

Note: Avid Media Composer Academic does not include all the third party software included in the commercial version. Avid Media Composer Academic only includes Avid DVD by Sonic.

Greets,

Filbert

2x MC 8.8.4 | Mac Pro Early 2009 / MacOS 10.12.4 | Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB 1066MHz DDR3, Hitachi 640GB 7200... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 8 2011 9:53 PM In reply to

Filbert:

Hmm, we had Avid DVD supplied with the EDU version (extra CD/DVD).

Just had a look, it's also confirmed on the website:

http://www.avid.com/US/resources/academic-products-pricing

Note: Avid Media Composer Academic does not include all the third party software included in the commercial version. Avid Media Composer Academic only includes Avid DVD by Sonic.

Greets,

Filbert

Thanks Filbert.

I apologize. I found the disc tucked away. Sorry for the confusion.

Rastus

• Tue, Feb 8 2011 9:57 PM In reply to

Well, I learn something new every day.  Rastus, send an email to Gregg Anderson (gregory.anderson@avid.com) or Todd Smelser (todd.smelser@avid.com).  Send them a link to this post or to the page Filbert linked to above and they'll help you out.

Thanks, Filbert, for the info.

[edited to add] Cross posted with Rastus, who found his disc, and thus all is right with the world.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2019.8 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller