Latest post Sun, Dec 19 2010 7:33 PM by thomasrome. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Dec 19 2010 7:01 PM

• thomasrome
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 6
    • Points 70

titles appear low-res?

my titles look full resolution (dv25-411) in my title tool...

but when i save title (either by save "title as" or by closing out of the title tool)-

the resulting title (both in the player window AND on the sequence) looks like 15:1s

i've checked the media creation tool...and it's set to create titles @ dv25-411 - 

so i don't know what gives.

i didn't knowingly change any settings, etc.  it 'appears' to have done this on it's own.

(last project's title were fine)

the system is an old friend, i keep it dv & keep it simple, it's been steady since 2003...

imac (pedestal vers.) G4

Mac OS 10.3.4

Xpress DV 4.3.1

Please advise - hoping to have this wedding vid to the bride for christmas.

Thanks!

thomasrome

• Sun, Dec 19 2010 7:04 PM In reply to

Re: titles appear low-res?

To the bottom left of the timeline, there is a video quality button. Make sure it is set to green/green, not yellow/yellow or yellow/green.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Dec 19 2010 7:33 PM In reply to

• thomasrome
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 6
    • Points 70

Re: titles appear low-res?

please excuse my tech ignorance...

in my current settings there was no video quality button...

i only got it to appear when i toggled the digital video out button from blue to green (top right of timeline)-

when i got the video quality button to appear, it only offers me yellow/yellow & yellow/green...

no green/green...

and unfortunately, it's not just how the titles appear in the timeline that's the problem -

the titles appear low-res (as if they are created/rendered that way) - even though everything looks great in the title tool.

thanks so far Job ter Burg - i'm still listening if you can suggest another solution

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller