Latest post Sun, Nov 7 2010 1:53 AM by Larry Rubin. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Nov 7 2010 1:07 AM

Simple copy paste timeline question...

Is there a way to simply copy a segment in a sequence from one track to the another? I thought at one time I could control where MC pasted the copied segment by turning the destination track on or off. No?

The work around I've been using is mark an in to out, hold Alt down and use the mouse to drag the image from the record monitor to the source monitor creating a subclip then editing it into the sequence. It'd be easier to copy and paste. Is there a simple way to do that?

Thanks

• Sun, Nov 7 2010 1:53 AM In reply to

Re: Simple copy paste timeline question...

My preferred method to copy is to mark a clip or region of clips, including mutiple tracks, then CTRL + ALT + c to copy to the source monitor. At that point, I can patch to whatever track(s) I want and either "B" to overwrite edit or "V" to insert. Great way to edit a portion of a sequence back into itself, something the software does not allow you to do directly. Also a good way to get around the inability to match frame back to a pre-compute.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller