Latest post Mon, Nov 1 2010 4:36 PM by Larry Rubin. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 1 2010 3:23 PM

resize effect, key frame "ramping"

I am trying to use a resize effect on a picture using key frames to start a slow move. nothing major. I know I can do this using avid pan and zoom, but according to the tutorial I need to add some video first, then select in and out points to drop the picture over the video. I think thats bunch of steps I don't need to take as I am not blowing these pictures way up, so I don't need to worry about losing resolution. its just going to be a very subtle, slow move. the problem is when I add the "resize" effect, then the key frames, there appears to be a "ramping" effect I can't locate and change. So the move starts slow, then builds up to speed then slows down again. How do I make it so the picture just starts moving and never changes speed?

any help is appreciated.

cheers.

Media Composer 6.0.1, Mac Pro 8 core 2.66, 16gb RAM, Nvidia geforce 120, Lion 10.7.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 1 2010 3:29 PM In reply to

Re: resize effect, key frame "ramping"

Ian:

You'll need to 3D promote the resize effect to gain access to the acceleration parameter (the 3D button on the bottom right of the effect editor).  In versions before MC 5, it's a slider in the effect editor tool - make sure it's all the way to the left (linear). If you're on MC 5, right click on a keyframe in the advanced keyframer editor tool and choose "linear".

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Nov 1 2010 3:35 PM In reply to

great. thanks Larry.

Media Composer 6.0.1, Mac Pro 8 core 2.66, 16gb RAM, Nvidia geforce 120, Lion 10.7.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 1 2010 3:38 PM In reply to

You're quite welcome, Ian. Always glad to help out. Yes

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Nov 1 2010 3:49 PM In reply to

Hmm...now another problem has cropped up. I was tyring to import some more pictures and it gave me an error saying "cannot delete filename" or something like that. So I quit avid (which then had to be force quit) and when I reopened all my media is offline. Being new to Avid, I want to check here before I do anything stupid on my own. What do I do? just "re-link" the media?

• Mon, Nov 1 2010 4:00 PM In reply to

That's very strange. It would make sense that whatever you were attempting to import at the time of the error would not be online, but imports that you did previously which created associated media files should not have been affected. So yes, start by attempting to relink. If relinking fails, you can either batch re-import the missing media from the original picture files, or rebuild the media database files. To rebuild, quit the application, and in each numerical folder inside the MXF folder inside the Avid MediaFiles folder, delete the two files that identify as "msmFMID.pmr" and "msmMMOB.mdb". If you have an OMFI MediaFiles folder, delete the same two files. On re-launch, the system will detect the missing files and build new ones at the "Initializing Media Streams Manager" stage. You will see the system go into a scanning and indexing mode at this point.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Nov 1 2010 4:05 PM In reply to

thanks. Was just looking it up on google and found a response of yours from 2007 addressing the same issue. Funny.

I will give that a shot. I think its Karma though, as just before it happened I was saying to myself how nice it is to have a computer and NLE that has been problem free for 3 months. my old system crashed every hour, or lost major sequences every day or so.  

• Mon, Nov 1 2010 4:26 PM In reply to

Well, before I tried that I re-started the computer. All is right in the world again.

good to know about the pmr and mdb database files though. Thanks again.

• Mon, Nov 1 2010 4:36 PM In reply to

Yeah, when strange things happen, it's always a good idea to do a full system shut down and restart before proceeding to other techniques. Glad to hear that solved the problem.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller