Latest post Fri, Sep 24 2010 6:07 PM by Kevin Klimek. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 24 2010 6:33 AM

How to save single keyframe points

I am trying to figure out if I can either copy and paste multiple keyframes and maintain the spacing or save a single keyframe and apply it in the effect where I need to. In the project I am working on I am doing quite a few resize moves into the same few positions. I want to be able to apply those settings as quickly as possible. Right now I have to copy one keyframe, move the cursor and then copy the second keyframe. My effect looks like this.

K0=No Zoom K1=Some Zoom K2=More Zoom

Time is

K0 (some time) K0(1sec)K1 (some time) K1(1sec)K2 (some time) K2(1sec)K1 (some time) K1(1sec)K2

I would love to be able to pick a start frame apply my zoom in pair of keyframes and then pick another point to apply my zoom out pair of keyframes

• Fri, Sep 24 2010 6:07 PM In reply to

Re: How to save single keyframe points

You cannot save a single keyframe and paste it just anywhere, like you can an entire effect.

But I'd suggest saving the template of your effect into a bin, then applying it to other clips.  (Drag the effect icon from the Effect editor into a bin.)  When you drag the effect onto another clip in the timeline, you may have to move the keyframes in time, since Avid will proportionately move them to fit the new clip's length.

But the data should be OK, unless you also need to make changes in the amount of zoom.  In that case, you're basically constructing unique effects for each clip anyway.

HTH

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller