Latest post Mon, Aug 30 2010 10:50 PM by Kirk Arnold. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 30 2010 10:50 PM

• Kirk Arnold
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 23 2009
    • Burlington, MA
    • Posts 53
    • Points 710
    • Avid Employee
      BlogAuthor

Chat with Avid Forum Responses - August 2010

Folks,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response to your questions this last quarter. With our move to Burlington, recent changes within our marketing team and me being out of the office, we have gotten off track with our quarterly postings. We have though, with Marianna’s assistance tried to address critical or time sensitive questions as soon as we can after they come up rather than waiting for the quarterly posts. Since our posting at the end of February many questions have fallen into this category – especially around Liquid, Avid Marketing and none other than Marianna herself. In addition, there are some questions that are answered by forum moderators or other forum members and so they never make it to the quarterly posts.

That being said, I have had a chance to talk with the team about how best to get you the information you need, when you need it. I think we all agree that while we had very good intentions, the current format of the forum does not meet your expectations with respect to timing, frequency and level of detail. The team has been diligently working behind the scenes to create a new model that will do a better job of meeting your expectations. I am 100% committed to continuing a dialogue with forum members but I need some help from my colleagues in order to get you the information you need when you need it. We have learned some valuable lessons from this forum and will use these lessons to help us improve in the future.

After this posting, the Chat with Avid Forum will become read-only. From there we will use a new vehicle for communication called the Monthly Executive Updates on the Avid Inside Out blog (www.avid.com/inside). This blog is already in production. Customers have the opportunity to ask follow-up questions with a comment in the blog post, or on Facebook (www.avid.com/facebook). We’d love your help to give us some ideas for topics on those monthly posts. Send them to marianna.montague@avid.com

I still welcome the opportunity to meet with you in-person, in fact I prefer it. So, the next time you have a meeting scheduled let me know. If I can, I’ll try to come out and talk with you in person.

Please feel free to email me directly with your suggestions at kirk.arnold@avid.com.

Kirk

Chat with Avid Forum Responses - August 2010

1. "Bringing Composer into the Real World of the 21st Century" posted by Larry Rubin

2. "When does the 'Work with any format and integrate into any workflow' part kick in?" posted by Peter

3. "Avid.com store issues" posted by vince_429

4. "Avid Mentor Programme UK" posted by BlueGirl Media

5. "NABJ" posted by Moonsearcher

6. "Control-key changes in MC5" posted by funckdren

7. "ScriptSync not free anymore" posted by Falcon333

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller