Latest post Fri, Aug 27 2010 11:56 AM by Mir. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 26 2010 5:49 PM

• editmk
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 10 2007
    • London
    • Posts 244
    • Points 3,365

Marianna Montague is a legend!

I am normally very critical of Avid in these forums. Usually it's about how expensive the hardware is or that software features that many users have requested many times fail to appear in the latest releases.

It's not that I don't love Avid, I do. It's just I find it frustrating at times for the above reasons.

Then a few weeks ago I got the best customer service I have ever had from a company in my entire life. It completely reaffirmed my faith in Avid.

I found myself in a nightmare situation to do with software licencing and it was completely my fault. I won't go into details except to say I was an idiot.

I contacted Marianna and asked for help, expecting to be told that there was nothing that she could do. But not only did she help me resolve the situation, she did it fast and with no stress at all. She bent over backwards to help me and truth be told, she didn't need to.

In my opinion Marianna is a legend and Avid are very lucky to have her! 

This doesn't mean I am not going to keep complaining about stuff, at least until we have Macros, but it has given me another reason as to why I am and always will be an Avid Editor.

Big thanks.

HP XW8600 Dual Quad Core 3 Ghz Windows 8 16 Gigs of Ram 24TB of Raid 10 sata storage Media Composer 7 Matrox MX02 Mini [view my complete system specs]

www.mikegreen.tv

• Thu, Aug 26 2010 6:16 PM In reply to

• conleec
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 1,320
    • Points 17,065

Re: Marianna Montague is a legend!

I'll second that. Marianna is one of the best things about Avid.

Chris

MacPro 3.33Ghz 12 Core (Westmere, MacPro 5,1), 48Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 680, Intensity Pro (Desktop Video 10.4.3), OS X 10.13.6, MC 2018.12 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 26 2010 6:53 PM In reply to

I can't remember exactly when Marianna came on the scene, but it seems like 5-6 years maybe.  Since then, the Communities and Avid Customer Support in general, have totally rocked.  Customers are heard.  Problems & issues are resolved almost immediately.  Her leadership, in conjunction with the Moderators dedicated assistance, has created a support model that just doesn't exist anywhere else that I know of.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Thu, Aug 26 2010 8:08 PM In reply to

• adam5000
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Posts 640
    • Points 8,490

You can say that again...

MC Version 8.4.4 Mac OS 10.10.5 IMac 27" 3.2 Ghz i5 16gb RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 26 2010 8:22 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,344
    • Points 60,325
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Ho Hum, yawn... tell us something we don't already know. ;)

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC 2019.6.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell Precision... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 26 2010 8:42 PM In reply to

Avid could never do what it does with customer relations even half as well if it were not for Marianna's ceaseless efforts to assist customers in a most superior fashion.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Aug 26 2010 9:17 PM In reply to

• Brickwad
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Simsbury, CT
    • Posts 950
    • Points 11,625

Marianna is THE BEST!!!

1 MC4 Nitris DX on 12 core 2.66 mac pro 6 Gigs of Ram, 2 Symphony Nitris DX on eight core mac pro with 12 gig ram, 3 MC7 on Mac Pro, IMAC, and Macbook... [view my complete system specs]

WWLD?

• Fri, Aug 27 2010 11:47 AM In reply to

Can you map Marianna to the keyboard? Kidding. I was several times helped by her in the most courteous, fast and friendly way, and at as late as the hours get (timezone). Thanks over again.

i7 3.4 GHz | Asus HERO Z170 | 32GB Ram | Quadro k620 | Intensity Pro 4K | WIN7 64bit Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 27 2010 11:56 AM In reply to

• Mir
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 3 2007
    • Europe
    • Posts 45
    • Points 525

Hear, hear!

.: www.PostOfficeFilms.com :. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller