Latest post Sun, Aug 22 2010 5:52 PM by Randall L. Rike. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Aug 22 2010 5:25 AM

• falconetti
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 22 2010
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

Avid Xpress timeline not playing

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with my Avid express timeline. The clips are not playing in the timeline. I can hear the audio ok..i can see the VU-meters moving but my playhead is not movie and therefore stuck on the same frame.

my system:

Mac Dual2.3 Ghz PowerPC G5

Mac OSX 10.5.8

Video card Nvidia

Avid Express version 5.7.5

No windows are overlapping and therefore no problem with that. I can scrub thru, no problem... but when it comes to play.. .it ain't playing...just the sound. Any ideas how to fix this problem?

• Sun, Aug 22 2010 5:43 AM In reply to

Re: Avid Xpress timeline not playing

According to the Xpress Pro Version Matrix, the highest OSX qualifired was 10.4.10.  What version of QT are you running?  QT v7.2 is qualified.  These may or may not be a cause of your issues.

Typically, this symptom is caused by the wrong nVidia driver, and usually appears on PC-based systems.  You might try reloading the driver or choosing a different one if you can find it.

Also, has anything changed recently?  Automatic Updates?

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Sun, Aug 22 2010 5:51 AM In reply to

• falconetti
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

hi Randall...thank so much for answering. Well, my quciktime version  is 7.6.6

No updates have happened, mostly because I think Avid has discontinued the DV express.

Should I look into other Nvidia drivers?

thanks again

• Sun, Aug 22 2010 6:09 AM In reply to

Just curious, did the system work with QT v7.6.6?  Personally, I'd roll your QT back to the qualified version first.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    (wwld)

• Sun, Aug 22 2010 7:34 AM In reply to

falconetti:
    No updates have happened, mostly because I think Avid has discontinued the DV express.

He's not talking about Avid updates.

As stated, you're OS and QT version are too new for the version of Avid software that you're using.  The question was:  Did this configuration previously work and just recently stopped working? or Is this the first time that you've tried using this configuration? 

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Sun, Aug 22 2010 8:22 AM In reply to

• falconetti
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

Hey Kenton, The answer is yes... the avid did work before, hence why I wondered why it stopped. I thought it may have been my import way of doing things or some setting I did not have.. I did see that the issue has gone back few years with the DV express (I've goggled it and many blogs from past years came up with similar problem). No one seemed to have a concrete answer...hence why I asked. thanks
  • Sun, Aug 22 2010 5:52 PM In reply to

Although not a 100% guarantee, I'd build a new system drive from scratch, meeting Avid's specs.  My guess is, it'll work.

(wwld)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller