Latest post Tue, Aug 17 2010 2:44 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 13 2010 1:33 AM

• charlzm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 28 2009
    • Posts 10
    • Points 110

Educational upgrade

I purchased Avid MC 3.1 in December, 2008 while attending Video Symphony in Burbank.  I understand why there has to be some kind of cut off date or else everybody who ever bought Avid would be trying to get a free upgrade.  But I'm curious what Avid has to say to those of us who bought MC 3.1 less than 90 days before the cutoff for free educational upgrades?

I for one never expected the breakneck pace of upgrades - 3.1 to 5.0 in 18 months?

• Tue, Aug 17 2010 2:44 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,619
    • Points 223,340
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Educational upgrade

Charizm...

The Academic free upgrade offer started with the release of MC 3.5.  So any system that has a dongle doesnt qaulify.  We have to start somewhere.  The upgrade is for SW lincesing systems only.

There is a good FAQ on the knowledge base all about this and more....   serach for Academic FAQ

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller