Latest post Mon, Aug 30 2010 10:44 PM by Kirk Arnold. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 14 2010 1:41 PM

• Falcon333
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 12 2009
    • Germany, Munich
    • Posts 10
    • Points 130

ScriptSync not free anymore

i want to say, that i dont like the point, that scriptsync is not included anymore in avid. so now it is a plugin. i dont like this thinking. i want to buy a product and get all the features built in. And the price is way too high for normal customers.

i was just beginning to work with it and i liked it, but when it is not guaranteed that in feature version it is included i wont use it anymore, because it is a gimmick, which makes editing easier, but i dont want to pay for it. it is a feature which should be normally implemented. premiere pro has it built into it.

why is avid getting back to its old thinking in this point? why do you want us to buy extra plugins, this is not userfriendly.

it feels like you want to get the most money out of it. Of course big post-houses could buy the feature easily, but the smaller production-facilities or freelancer can´t really afford it. i really like script-sync, it feels like you want to take it away from the small guys an make it only available for the big facilities.

i hope you rethink this solution.

Max

Macbook Pro 2,2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo ; 4GB RAM; Mac OSX SnowLeopard 10.6.2; Media Composer 4.0.5 Academic; Pro Tools 8.0.2 M-Powered; M-Audio Mobile Pre... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 29 2010 9:34 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,610
    • Points 65,805

Re: ScriptSync not free anymore

It seems that the decision is due to licensing costs Avid has to face for the speech engine, I seldom use scriptsync as there's no italian implementation, but whenever I deal with supported languages I pretty much enjoy the toy, and I don't like the idea of Avid going back to a pay per feature policy too. I also strongly believe that if You take a feature off the software and charge an extra for it then the MC price should go down accordingly.

Symphony 2018.12.3, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Thu, Jul 29 2010 9:48 PM In reply to

Here's a Thread from Jun 10, (MC v5's release date) on the subject.  

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/84769/478537.aspx

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Mon, Aug 30 2010 10:44 PM In reply to

• Kirk Arnold
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 23 2009
    • Burlington, MA
    • Posts 53
    • Points 710
    • Avid Employee
      BlogAuthor

Falcon333:

i want to say, that i dont like the point, that scriptsync is not included anymore in avid. so now it is a plugin. i dont like this thinking. i want to buy a product and get all the features built in. And the price is way too high for normal customers.

i was just beginning to work with it and i liked it, but when it is not guaranteed that in feature version it is included i wont use it anymore, because it is a gimmick, which makes editing easier, but i dont want to pay for it. it is a feature which should be normally implemented. premiere pro has it built into it.

why is avid getting back to its old thinking in this point? why do you want us to buy extra plugins, this is not userfriendly.

it feels like you want to get the most money out of it. Of course big post-houses could buy the feature easily, but the smaller production-facilities or freelancer can´t really afford it. i really like script-sync, it feels like you want to take it away from the small guys an make it only available for the big facilities.

i hope you rethink this solution.

Max

Max,

Thanks for the question! ScriptSync is produced with a 3rd party partner, Nexidia. While many of the features are integrated directly into Media Composer, much behind the scenes technology is implemented by Nexidia. Because we have a business arrangement and technology share with our partner, it necessitates that we pay a royalty for use of their technology. I encourage you to visit this recent Inside Out Blog post and read some of the comments posted by the product team about ScriptSync.

Kirk

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller