Latest post Sat, Apr 1 2006 7:39 PM by xyedit. 120 replies.
Page 2 of 9 (121 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 25 2005 8:03 PM In reply to

• ronn
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • San Diego
    • Posts 978
    • Points 12,300

Re: unable to allocate enough memory for this operation error was this ever fixed????

"Decomp Buffer."

After editing a couple of hours. Can't render anything. Must close Avid and relaunch then good for another couple hours. As I said before - sounds like a memory leak. Avid not cleaning up after itself.

Media Composer 8.9.1 with Intensity Pro 4K, Lenovo P500, Win-7 64 Prof. 16GB RAM, Nvidia 2200, Sony FS7, EX1, Ninja Assassin, Came-TV Mini2, Harley Dyna... [view my complete system specs]

Ronn Kilby

San Diego

• Tue, Oct 25 2005 8:07 PM In reply to

Re: unable to allocate enough memory for this operation error was this ever fixed????

I have the same problem occuring once every 2 hours of editing on Xpress Pro HD 5.2 with MOJO on an HDV timeline downconverted by the MOJO to 30i so that I can view it in my SONY monitor.  I work on a Dell 8200 conficured by a certified reseller 2 weeks ago.  The video runs on 2 AVID MEDIADRIVES 70 GB SCSI 320.  I was only working with one video track and 4 audio tracks.  That should be a good enough description to help.
    3x MC with Mojo SDI on MacPro 2x MC with Adrenalin 1xMC with Adrenalin HD 1xSymphony 1x Smoke on Oc [view my complete system specs]
    > Mathieu Marano > Directeur technique de post production > Le Bureau de Post Productions
  • Wed, Oct 26 2005 4:43 AM In reply to

• ronn
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • San Diego
    • Posts 978
    • Points 12,300

Super Angry [8o|] Re: unable to allocate enough memory for this operation error was this ever fixed????

Now getting

"Microsoft Visual C++ Library - Runtime Error. This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact..."

At which point it closes avid. Most annoying in the middle of a project with very tight deadline.

Media Composer 8.9.1 with Intensity Pro 4K, Lenovo P500, Win-7 64 Prof. 16GB RAM, Nvidia 2200, Sony FS7, EX1, Ninja Assassin, Came-TV Mini2, Harley Dyna... [view my complete system specs]

Ronn Kilby

San Diego

• Wed, Oct 26 2005 3:34 PM In reply to

• conleec
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 1,315
    • Points 17,010

Martha,

Did you reinstall 5.2? If so, is it still giving you these error messages? If not, did you figure out a way around them? Thanks.

Chris

MacPro 3.33Ghz 12 Core (Westmere, MacPro 5,1), 48Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 680, Intensity Pro (Desktop Video 10.4.3), OS X 10.12.2, MC 8.8.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 26 2005 3:53 PM In reply to

• marthaskol
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Brooklyn, NY
    • Posts 265
    • Points 3,460

yes Chris, I had the same problem.  So I uninstalled 5.1.6 by hand.  In other words, I first uninstalled it, deleted the folder completely (of course I backed up all projects, attic and any settings I wanted to save).  Then I did a regedit and deleted Avid from HKEY_local machine and HKEY_current user/software/avid technology.  I also deleted other references to avid using the find function, but you have to be real careful here (like don't delete any mojo stuff).  If you're going to go that far, be sure you know what you're deleting.  Now it seems fine, but I haven't worked that long on it, so I'll report back if I still have problems  Before I couldn't work for more than a couple of minutes without getting the messages.  Good Luck!
    Powermac G5 Quad 2.5 Ghz 4GB RAM NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 Leopard. 10.5.3 Media Composer 3.0 QT 7.4.5 mojo SD Sony dsr20 Sony dsr11 Sony M10U [view my complete system specs]

Martha

• Wed, Oct 26 2005 6:43 PM In reply to

i uninstalled and reverted to 5.17 it is a shame but even though the footage is shot in hdv, my turnaround time does not warrent finicky software. since then no problems but no hdv Crying [:'(]

erik

seraph productions

Dell precision 670 2gigs ram nividia 3400 3.2ghz pentium 4 [view my complete system specs]
    You can sleep when your dead
  • Wed, Oct 26 2005 8:22 PM In reply to

• dthompson
    • Not Ranked
    • Avid Technology
    • Posts 66
    • Points 960
    • Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee

Hello all,

I just wanted to let you know we're aware of the problem and are definitely looking into it. We will keep you updated with our progress. The only workarounds as of now are restarting the application or backreving 5.1.x.

Thanks for your patience.

Xpress Studio Essentials HD w/ Xpress Pro v5.2.3 HP XW4100 Windows XP Pro SP2 P4 3.0 Ghz 1.5 Gb ram Nvidia Quadro4 980XGL [view my complete system specs]
    ~David R. Thompson~ ACSR|Windows ACSR|Macintosh ACSR|Unity Avid Technology, Inc.
  • Mon, Oct 31 2005 3:58 PM In reply to

• dthompson
    • Not Ranked
    • Avid Technology
    • Posts 66
    • Points 960
    • Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee

Hello again,

We need your help collecting as much data on these memory errors. We need details on your system specs and workflows so we can get this issue resolved as quick as possible. Here's what we're looking for:

-Detailed info your system configuration: CPU, OS, Memory,Graphics card,Storage,Decks,Drivers, Decks,Transcoders, Cameras, QT ver. etc...

-Detailed info on your  Projects:
    *Whats your project framerate?
    *What resolutions are you using?
    *How many layers of audio/video/titles?
    *What effects are you using?

-Detailed info on what you're doing when the memory errors occur:

We also need you to track the memory indicator in the bin tab and see if you notice any sort of pattern with the memory percentage, ie. The memory reaches 20% and I receive the error until I relaunch the application.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Xpress Studio Essentials HD w/ Xpress Pro v5.2.3 HP XW4100 Windows XP Pro SP2 P4 3.0 Ghz 1.5 Gb ram Nvidia Quadro4 980XGL [view my complete system specs]
    ~David R. Thompson~ ACSR|Windows ACSR|Macintosh ACSR|Unity Avid Technology, Inc.
  • Mon, Oct 31 2005 4:33 PM In reply to

• conleec
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 1,315
    • Points 17,010

David,

Thanks for the follow up. I'm right in the middle of a feature film edit, and I'm not being a wiseguy, just honest, when I say I cannot afford to be a beta tester right now. Having said that, the info provided is from memory, but pretty accurate.

iWill DP533S
    i7505 chipset
    Dual 3.06Ghz Xeons
    nVidia FX1100 (w/Avid cert. driver)
    2G RAM
    WinXP Pro Sp2
    SCSI drives
    5 External FW drives
    2 External USB2 drives
    Mojo

It's worth noting right up front that this system has been rock solid, working 12 hour days for months and months without issue, prior to  the 5.2 release.

I had the error occur in two separate projects:
    1) 23.976 project, feature length, with about 80 hours of footage recorded at 28:1, pulldown removed. This project has 4 video layers and 12 audio layers. It's a feature, so it tends to have straight cuts, a few dissolves, and some composites for future FX work.

2) 30i project, feature length. It's a recut from an existing submaster, so it only has a few tapes and about 2 or 3 hours of footage associated with it. As far as I remember, it only has 2 video layers and 8 audio layers. Straight cuts and dissolves. Very simple stuff.

I use Superbin exclusively, so I noticed the other day that I tend to have a lot of bins open, even though I appear to only have one or two open on the screen at a time. As I recall, memory was hitting about 13 percent in both projects when the error happened. I remember looking at that as I contemplated rebooting Stick out tongue [:P]

Things I do that maybe everybody isn't:
    Check the Superbin thing
    Check the USB drive thing

When I finish up with this project (in about 6 weeks Hmm [^o)]) I'll reinstall 5.2 and try to give some more specifics.

Thanks again.

Chris Conlee

MacPro 3.33Ghz 12 Core (Westmere, MacPro 5,1), 48Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 680, Intensity Pro (Desktop Video 10.4.3), OS X 10.12.2, MC 8.8.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 31 2005 4:50 PM In reply to

• ronn
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • San Diego
    • Posts 978
    • Points 12,300

-Detailed info your system configuration: CPU, OS, Memory,Graphics card,Storage,Decks,Drivers, Decks,Transcoders, Cameras, QT ver. etc...
    HP8200, dual Xeon 3.2GHz processors, 2GB RAM, FX1300, 300GB Western Digital FW - separate bus from Mojo, Panasonic AG-DV1000 (through Mojo), Sony 2800 Beta, Sony FX1, Panasonic AJ-D230H, QT version 6.5.2

-Detailed info on your  Projects:
    *Whats your project framerate?
    In this case, 30i
    *What resolutions are you using?
    In this case, DV
    *How many layers of audio/video/titles?
    4-8 audio, 2-3 video
    *What effects are you using?
    BCC, dissolves, Magic Bullet, PIP, Color effect, EQ, stabilize region

-Detailed info on what you're doing when the memory errors occur:

Usually just rendering a dissolve or attempting a video mixdown.

We also need you to track the memory indicator in the bin tab and see if you notice any sort of pattern with the memory percentage, ie. The memory reaches 20% and I receive the error until I relaunch the application.
    None so far - will keep an eye on it.

Ronn Kilby

San Diego

• Mon, Oct 31 2005 8:15 PM In reply to

• conleec
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 1,315
    • Points 17,010

Martha,

Are you still having this issue after re-installing?

Chris

• Wed, Nov 2 2005 1:50 AM In reply to

• conleec
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 1,315
    • Points 17,010

bump
  • Wed, Nov 2 2005 8:51 AM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,943
    • Points 82,395
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

any more info from anyone? As you can read Avid is on it but they need input.. so anyone with this problem please respond and answer the questions from Avid..

Menno

35 MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - Media Director - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 80 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

• Wed, Nov 2 2005 4:13 PM In reply to

• marthaskol
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Brooklyn, NY
    • Posts 265
    • Points 3,460

Hey Chris, I seem to be okay after the install, but if you're going into the register, tread at your own risk.

Powermac G5 Quad 2.5 Ghz 4GB RAM NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 Leopard. 10.5.3 Media Composer 3.0 QT 7.4.5 mojo SD Sony dsr20 Sony dsr11 Sony M10U [view my complete system specs]

Martha

• Wed, Nov 2 2005 4:23 PM In reply to

• conleec
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 1,315
    • Points 17,010

Interesting. Not one instance of this error since cleaning out your registry and starting from scratch, huh? Well, when I finish up this project, I may have to give it a look-see. Wink [;)]

Chris

Page 2 of 9 (121 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller