Latest post Mon, Aug 30 2010 10:35 PM by Kirk Arnold. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 28 2010 7:44 PM

• BlueGirl Media
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 25 2006
    • Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    • Posts 143
    • Points 1,945

Avid Mentor Programme UK

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone might be able to tell me if Avid still intends to open it's Mentor programme to new members in the UK. I'm a tutor at a highly regarded intitution in the UK and we're seriously thinking about becoming a fully Avid shop (well almost, we'll still have a few FCP systems around for basic experiance). In a previous educational job we worked very well with Avid as part of the Mentor programme and were supplied some fantastic resources that covered all of the major Avid MC courses, we where given great training media and even cool extras like posters and such that the students found really useful. I'd love my current institution to be granted access to these great resources too but the Mentor programme in the UK seems to be dead.

If anyone is able to have a chat with me about this or if Avid is open to providing those great resources to non-Mentor members I'd be really greatful.

Many Thanks

G.

Dual 2.7GHz G5 | 5GB RAM | SIIG Firewire 400 | MC 2.8.3 | Mojo SDI | 2x 23" ACD [view my complete system specs]

"To achieve greatness only two things are required; a plan, and not quite enough time"

Gustav Mahler

• Mon, Jul 5 2010 1:26 PM In reply to

• BlueGirl Media
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 25 2006
    • Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    • Posts 143
    • Points 1,945

Re: Avid Mentor Programme UK

Anyone...?

Dual 2.7GHz G5 | 5GB RAM | SIIG Firewire 400 | MC 2.8.3 | Mojo SDI | 2x 23" ACD [view my complete system specs]

"To achieve greatness only two things are required; a plan, and not quite enough time"

Gustav Mahler

• Mon, Aug 30 2010 10:35 PM In reply to

• Kirk Arnold
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 23 2009
    • Burlington, MA
    • Posts 53
    • Points 710
    • Avid Employee
      BlogAuthor

Re: Avid Mentor Programme UK

BlueGirl Media:

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone might be able to tell me if Avid still intends to open it's Mentor programme to new members in the UK. I'm a tutor at a highly regarded intitution in the UK and we're seriously thinking about becoming a fully Avid shop (well almost, we'll still have a few FCP systems around for basic experiance). In a previous educational job we worked very well with Avid as part of the Mentor programme and were supplied some fantastic resources that covered all of the major Avid MC courses, we where given great training media and even cool extras like posters and such that the students found really useful. I'd love my current institution to be granted access to these great resources too but the Mentor programme in the UK seems to be dead.

If anyone is able to have a chat with me about this or if Avid is open to providing those great resources to non-Mentor members I'd be really greatful.

Many Thanks

G.

G.,

Mentor program schools now work with Avid in a variety of ways. Given the focus of your instructional program a great alternative is joining Avid’s Academic Training Partner Program. Training partner schools have access to curriculum and content, enjoy the benefits of being a part of a community of schools with similar goals and expertise, and are authorized to provide professional certificates associated with Avid’s tools and associated skill sets. In addition there are available resources, like posters, available to schools today. Visit www.avid.com/education to learn more, or contact Lee Whitmore, Avid’s Director for Education Market Solutions, for more information.

Kirk

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller