Latest post Tue, May 18 2010 2:09 AM by CoffeeKen09. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 17 2010 11:44 PM

Defragmenting AVid Unity

Normal 0 0 1 38 220 Grey Worldwide 1 1 270 10.2006 0 0 0

<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Times;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Hey Everyone,

I'm having a little issue with Unity - I run AVID Media Composer for Video and I have a ton used media on a Media Engine (Unity,) and I need help defragmenting the available space. If anyone can help me out with this - it would be deeply appreciated. Thanks for your time and concern.

• Tue, May 18 2010 12:28 AM In reply to

Re: Defragmenting AVid Unity

It is not recommended to defrag Aved media drives, either local or shared.  Meanwhile, what are the issues you are having that make you feel you should?

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Tue, May 18 2010 2:09 AM In reply to

Re: Defragmenting AVid Unity

Randall,

Thanks for the timely response! I feel like my workstations are dragging - like they could be faster. We're running OSX.. and we think that the latency is being generated by the Cross-Platform setup. I'm pretty computer savvy and I just feel like the transferring and reading of data should be faster. Is this something that's experienced within the Unity system or is there a way to speed up the relationship between the Unity and workstations.. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller