Latest post Wed, May 5 2010 12:23 PM by Larry Rubin. 17 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 20 2010 12:22 PM In reply to

Re: Jumpy Video and Audio

When you talk about software updates, I hope you do not mean that you've let Windows run automatic OS updates. This is one item Avid has been very adamant about over the years, NO automatic OS updates should be allowed. If this is the case, can you retreat to a restore point before those updates when the system was functioning correctly? And yes, I would agree at this point that the graphics card may not be the issue. Also, be advised that many users have reported conflicts that are caused by IE 8, if you have that. Also conflicting with Avid are certain peripherals, like webcams and Waacom tablets.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, May 5 2010 5:33 AM In reply to

• falkenprops
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 13 2006
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 22
    • Points 265

Victory is mine!  It was - a freakin' Windows software update! Son-of-a... I uninstalled Windows service pack 3. I uninstalled Internet Explorer (although I never used it) and I started uninstalling Windows updates (which I had done before, but hadn't turned off automatic updates - so they were obviously just reinstalled). I uninstalled one update and my system had a conniption. I had to reset all sorts of settings. Video card. Internet settings. Outlook settings. I'm sure that I'm not done, BUT.... Avid is back!

Thank you so much Larry for all of your council. I was despondent many times, but your responses and suggestions kept me at it. If you're ever in Los Angeles I will gladly buy you a beer.

Now.... what was I working on again?

Jim

Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac12,2 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Software Mac... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 5 2010 12:23 PM In reply to

You're quite welcome, Jim. Always glad to help out. Yes

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller