Latest post Thu, Apr 1 2010 4:20 AM by Randall L. Rike. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 1 2010 12:10 AM

• SSEdgar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 9 2007
    • Posts 42
    • Points 595

Missing Disk on Unity 5

Hi All, 

For the last couple of weeks on I have had one particular disk in the set fall out line and go "missing". I powered down the JBOD, pulled the drive, cleaned it and reseated it. It come back online but then a few days later (as far as I could tell) it falls back off to "missing" status. 

Should I try to clean and reseat again or is this indicative of other drive / hardware failure?

Thanks 

Edgar

• Thu, Apr 1 2010 12:18 AM In reply to

Re: Missing Disk on Unity 5

Hi,

Can you be a bit more specific about your setup, what is the configuration of your allocation group? 14 drives + 2 spare, 15 + 1 spare or 16 and no spare, and the messages you see in the monitor tool and event viewer of windows. Also what is the setup manager telling you?

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Thu, Apr 1 2010 12:25 AM In reply to

It's time to yank the disk, get an RMA, and send it bck to Avid.  If you can get it up-and-running again, run the process, "Recover Failed Data Drive", and swap it for one of your spares.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Thu, Apr 1 2010 1:57 AM In reply to

• SSEdgar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 9 2007
    • Posts 42
    • Points 595

Its a 14 +2 Spare setup. 

Thanks for the input Randall, I had a feeling I would have to do it but didn't want to come to any quick judgements. 

Now I just gotta brush up on my "Recover Failed Data Drive" procedures. 

Can you point me to any documentation ?

• Thu, Apr 1 2010 4:20 AM In reply to

The process is described here.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller