Latest post Wed, Mar 24 2010 10:04 AM by stsi. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 24 2010 10:04 AM

• stsi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 24 2010
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

VideoRAID to replace my old broken RAID system ?

Hi,

I'm not an Avid or a Medea client yet but I guess your products could solve my issue. I need some support about the Medea (or Avid) RAID product compatibility. I would like to know if the VideoRAID (or another Avid or Medea product) was compatible with my "old" hardware and software system configuration :

- on one side = a RAID drive from Storage Concepts named "Concept 814 FCS" with a Fibre Channel interface (including a controller named : "FR2K"),

- on the other side = a 1Gbits/s Fibre Channel host adapter (FCDAC) from Storage Concepts,

- I think my FCDAC uses the standard SCSI commands.

As you may know, Medea Corp. has acquired Storage Concepts Inc. (in 2001).

Today, my FR2K RAID controller is dead so I have to find a solution to repair my system but as Strorage Concepts doesn't exist anymore, I hope I can ask you to answer my questions :

- do you know if the Medea VideoRAID product was an upgrade of the Storage Concepts product ?

- do you know if I could replace my Storage Concepts RAID drive with the VideoRAID FCR2 ?

- do you know if I could just replace my Storage Concepts RAID controller (named FR2K) with the Medea FCR2 controller ?

Thank you for your attention and wish you can help me.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller