Latest post Thu, Feb 25 2010 10:38 PM by Farenhai. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 24 2010 1:03 PM

• Farenhai
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 24 2010
    • Posts 9
    • Points 110

Video Card Quadro

Hi! I currently have a Geforce 9500GS, which is for videogames (not the appropiate stuff, I know). I'd like to buy a Quadro board  in order to get much better quality results and faster video processing...

I'd like to know which one would be fine for me since I don't have too much money. I am consindering to expend about 400-500€ which is the prize for Quadro Fx1800. Problem is that I've seen this board is not certified by Avid. Will it work fine, anyway? Is there any videocard I could be more interested???

My PC specs: HP Pavillion Quad (4x2'66), 4GB RAM, Win 32

I've heard that ANY Quadro will go much better than my Geforce (512MB) even if the Quadro board is only 128mb. Is that for real?

What I also need: HD processing and (if possible) multiple monitoring supported.

Thank you for your time. Very much indeed.

Farenhai.

• Wed, Feb 24 2010 5:00 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,611
    • Points 65,840

Re: Video Card Quadro

Welcome to the forum(s) Farenhai, from the system requirements page:

• Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro FX family** (FX 560 or higher)

the 1800 works very well indeed.

I think You should have posted in the Media Composer forum or in the Off topics one anyway! Smile

Symphony 2018.12.3, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Wed, Feb 24 2010 5:31 PM In reply to

• Farenhai
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 110

In fact, I've posted here because the Avid version I have is Symphony 4.03 Would it make any difference??

Sorry if messed up with the forum thing...

Thank you indeed.

• Wed, Feb 24 2010 5:38 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,611
    • Points 65,840

Symphony on a Pavillion with a GeForce?!

Symphony 2018.12.3, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Wed, Feb 24 2010 5:50 PM In reply to

• Farenhai
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 110

FOR REAL!     LOL 

and it ain't that bad at all... it's more uneasy with After Effects!

• Thu, Feb 25 2010 5:31 PM In reply to

• Jayanta
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 6 2007
    • India
    • Posts 1,504
    • Points 16,255

Farenhai:

FOR REAL!     LOL  and it ain't that bad at all... it's more uneasy with After Effects!

Are you already running Symphony on HP Pavillion, or you planning to run it.

What hardware are you using Classic or DX?Confused

All Sorts of System as I am a freelance Editor [view my complete system specs]

"Out of mud the lovely Lotus Blooms, Out of Strife something higher vies "

• Thu, Feb 25 2010 6:25 PM In reply to

• Farenhai
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 110

Thnk it's the CLASSIC version. Working pretty fine. The only issue i have is when I make the slowdowns and accelaration videos. They get very cheesy (and glitchy on titles) but I think it might be because of the Geforce and once i get the Quadro Fx1800 (i'm finally in) , hopefully, it will go sweet. Am I right?

My specs: HP Pavillion Quad (4x2'66), 4mb RAM, Windows XP 32 bits, Geforce 9500GS... nothing special except for the Quad thing.

Also, I have a very big problem. I'd like to swap to Windows 7, but before the installation begins it says it doesn't find any drivers of my PC at all, so installation won't continue. Does anyone know any good forum where to ask for help? (sorry I ask this, don't know if it's against the rules - sorry if it's so)

Best regards.

• Thu, Feb 25 2010 6:40 PM In reply to

• Jayanta
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 6 2007
    • India
    • Posts 1,504
    • Points 16,255

Farenhai:
    Thnk it's the CLASSIC version.

You think  it is Classic?  are not sure ?

If it is classic you should go for HPxw8400

and if it is the DX board you should go for HP z800

Here is the system requirments

http://www.avid.com/products/Symphony-Nitris-DX/system-requirements.asp

Farenhai:
    I'd like to swap to Windows 7, but before the installation begins it says it doesn't find any drivers of my PC at all, so installation won't continue. Does anyone know any good forum where to ask for help? (sorry I ask this, don't know if it's against the rules - sorry if it's so)

Symphony wont work with Windows 7

You should better go with Vista biz 64 SP 1

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/79757/444941.aspx#444941

All Sorts of System as I am a freelance Editor [view my complete system specs]

"Out of mud the lovely Lotus Blooms, Out of Strife something higher vies "

• Thu, Feb 25 2010 10:38 PM In reply to

• Farenhai
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 110

Thx for the advise... about the computer, there are no many odds i am swapping to a new one for some good time... it's not raining money, ya know :P

about the Windows 7, didn't know that, which is a pity. Is it really recomendable to swap to Vista? I had it installed for a while and it was pretty bad bad bad... Will Avid run better in Vista??? MUCH better???

Will Avid make an update for Windows 7? Are there any other OS i should run instead XP???

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller