Latest post Sun, Dec 20 2009 8:51 AM by Serleejus. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:14 PM

• Serleejus
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 364
    • Points 4,715

Finding a Bin where a precompute is - Possible? and how? Thanks!

Hello - is there a way to find a bin where a precompute is?

for instance, I have a title I need to correct, and the project is large - how do I find which bin it is in?

I can't match frame because it says precomputes can not be loaded into memory.

Any help would be great - Thank you

• Sat, Dec 19 2009 11:18 PM In reply to

Re: Finding a Bin where a precompute is - Possible? and how? Thanks!

Try this console command

Allows precomputes to be loaded into monitors and played
    SYNTAX Subsys monpane debug
    NOTES This command allows rendered effects (precomputes) to be loaded into a monitor and
    played. This is useful when doing cleanup to determine which precomputes to delete.
    Before you use it, you must make precomputes visible in your bin. To see your precomputes
    you need to select the BIN menu, and choose SET BIN DISPLAY. Place a check mark beside
    PRECOMPUTES to make them visible. You may need to toggle this selection ON and OFF
    repeatedly to update the precomputes you see in your bin. Precomputes travel with their
    sequences so the precomputes you see are those attached to any sequences in the bin.
    Now run Subsys monpane debug and you will be able to load the precomputes into your
    player monitor for screening. You can actually edit with them as well‐ to be safe consider a
    video mixdown of any portions of your timeline made from precomputes.

If the title is in the timeline you could open it in the title tool from the timeline and correct it.

• Sat, Dec 19 2009 11:47 PM In reply to

• Serleejus
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 364
    • Points 4,715

hank you - you mention if the title is in the timeline, I can open it from the title tool from within the timeline? How is this possible - ususally I would have to locate the original saved title in the bin, and drag it in the title tool which is open.

and with regards of the precomputes, your info helps - but how do I know where the original saved title is to achieve editing of that title?

Thank you for your time

• Sun, Dec 20 2009 12:07 AM In reply to

Hi,

Serleejus:
    if the title is in the timeline, I can open it from the title tool from within the timeline? How is this possible

Put your blue position indicator on the title in the timeline and enter effects mode.  At the upper left corner of the effect editor is a little grey square.  Click it, and the title tool will open so you can make changes to the title.

Serleejus:
    with regards of the precomputes, your info helps - but how do I know where the original saved title is to achieve editing of that title?

Once you've entered the command into the console, you can park your blue position indicator on the title in the timeline and click match frame to load it into the source monitor, then click find bin to find the bin the title is in.

good luck,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Dec 20 2009 7:30 AM In reply to

• mvegas
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,555
    • Points 17,910

another way of reopening the title tool is to CONTROL + Double click the title in the bin.
    the title tool will open with the title you need to modify in the title tool.  Make the changes you need
    and save as. 

• Sun, Dec 20 2009 8:51 AM In reply to

• Serleejus
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 364
    • Points 4,715

Thank you all - Very helpful.

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller