Latest post Thu, Dec 10 2009 7:29 AM by Job ter Burg. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 9 2009 10:33 PM

Auto Syncing through Bin Vs's Timeline

I am curious as to whether something I heard is true or not.  In terms of the specs for software I am running that would be:

Media Composer 3.5.9.

The 2 methods of syncing I am aware of are: 

1. Within your bin select the video and the corresponding audio.  Go to Bin - Auto Sync and sync by Timecode.  This then creates a Grouped Clip.

2. Lay down your video in your timeline, open the corresponding audio and lay it down into the timeline so it syncs up.  Select your timeline in your bin and go to Bin - Autosync.

If you use the 1st option, I have been told that you cant "Match Frame" while editing, or open your original bin containing your video by a click of a button.  Therfor more time must be spent syncing going with option 2.

Any opinions on this matter?

Any help woudl be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jesse Korosi

Filed under: ,
  • Thu, Dec 10 2009 6:51 AM In reply to

Re: Auto Syncing through Bin Vs's Timeline

Jesse Korosi:
    If you use the 1st option, I have been told that you cant "Match Frame" while editing

That is incorrect. You CAN use the Match Frame feature using the first option you described.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 10 2009 7:00 AM In reply to

Wow, really?  Seems strange that the editor would have given me *** for doing it that way then...  I am not that fluent in Avid...or not at all for that matter.  But what exactly is the difference between the final file you see in your bin from either option? 

I see a different icon but thats all...

• Thu, Dec 10 2009 7:22 AM In reply to

Where/How can I find the Match tool button to put it under my viewer window...or map it to a key on the keyboard, so I can try this?

Thanks,

Jesse

• Thu, Dec 10 2009 7:29 AM In reply to

I see a different icon
    Should be the same. After dragging the takes from the timeline to the bin, you still need to hit AutoSync, otherwise you get a subsequence (which will auto load into the record rather than the source monitor).

The MatchFrame button can be found in the Command Pallette.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller