Latest post Mon, Nov 2 2009 6:47 PM by AndrewAction. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 31 2009 7:13 PM

• adamsonn
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • South Africa
    • Posts 695
    • Points 10,330

No Waveform on audio track 4

Hello

Here is an interesting issue that I am sure may be due to me doing something not quite right, but I have no idea what:

I cannot seem to get any waveforms drawn on Audio track 4 - when starting a new sequence I will create additional audio / video tracks - one of which is audio 4.

Audio clips on track 4 will not display waveforms

I normallyuse the option  "show waveforms on marked" (in-out clips)

When I select an in - out my waveforms show on all audio tracks except on Audio 4.

This seems to be the case even in old (pre-4.0 upgrade) projects and sequences -

If I move the audio clips out of A4 and onto another audio track then the waveforms for that clip do display  and if I move clips from other audio tracks onto audio 4 the waveforms disappear!

- so it is not the audio clips (I have also tried with both audio only files as well as audio clips attached to captured video clips). 

Setting the timeline setting to unchecked "Show Marked Waveforms" then shows all waveforms in the sequence as expected - except audio track 4!

I then set the Audio Data (Timeline hamburger) to show none, saved current settings and closed MC4. Rebooted, opened MC4 and set the option to show - Energy plot, Sample Plot and Clip Gain - still no luck on Audio 4!

If I create an Audio 5 and drag the clip from 4 to 5 (and change the pan on Audio 5 to Right 100) - clip shows waveform!!!

Anyone experiencing this or any ideas?

Thanks

I have just opened another older project (conpleted in V3.1) in this instance it is not showing in the current bottom track that happens to be Audio 5 - but I do recall moving Audio tracks around a bit in this project.

MC6 machine: Intel Core i7 Asus P8-H67 64 bit Motherboard 1*1Tb SATA drive - partitioned to C (OS and programs) and D (data) drive 1*1TB SATA drive... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 31 2009 7:19 PM In reply to

Re: No Waveform on audio track 4

Neil,

Something as starnge and mysterious as you describe could well be connected to the fact that it is Hallooween.

David

Sorry- (still on 3.13)

Symphony 7.06 OS 10.9.5 QT 7.6.3 Mac Pro 2x2.66 6-core 32GB Ram Aja Kona Lhi. MC 7.0.6 OS 10.9.5 Mac Pro 5.1 2x2.97 6-core 32GB ram Aja I/O express, Apple... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 31 2009 7:54 PM In reply to

• adamsonn
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • South Africa
    • Posts 695
    • Points 10,330

Re: No Waveform on last / bottom audio track

Halloween gremlins may well be to blame David, but in this case further tests have shown that they are bottom feeders as it seems to affect the bottom audio track - I added 8 audio tracks and then tested that -

In this case audio 8 failed to show the waveform

It seems that the last audio track (after adding 3 or even sometimes after 4) will not show the waveform.

To reproduce -

open a new sequence add 4 or more audio tracks

add audio (new tracks or use the segment mode to drag existing timeline clips) to the bottom track and observe... or am I the only one that this happens to?

MC6 machine: Intel Core i7 Asus P8-H67 64 bit Motherboard 1*1Tb SATA drive - partitioned to C (OS and programs) and D (data) drive 1*1TB SATA drive... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Nov 1 2009 8:45 PM In reply to

• adamsonn
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • South Africa
    • Posts 695
    • Points 10,330

Bump -

Has anyone experienced / tested this issue?

I seem to be having some funny behaviour (mabye related to upgrading to Boris 6.051?)

Another annoying glitch now seems to be when I go to segment mode (uing the mapped ; key) I get about a 2 second delay before the red arrow appears.

No other sluggishness is apparent for other keys and shortcuts.

Thanks

Neil

• Sun, Nov 1 2009 8:51 PM In reply to

adamsonn:
    Has anyone experienced / tested this issue?
    Will try testing it later in the day unless someone else has tried earlier. (4.0.2 busy till then)

• Mon, Nov 2 2009 6:47 PM In reply to

Tried with a 1080 25P and a SD 25i project and the sample plot works on last track in both.

Started with 4 tracks and tried track 4, added 4 more tried on 8 and again on 12 and 16.

MC4.0.2 on Vista Business 64 bit 8GB RAM. (BCC that came with the upgrade)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller