Latest post Wed, Oct 14 2009 5:58 PM by JasonByfield. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 13 2009 11:48 PM

• JasonByfield
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 13 2009
    • Kirkland, WA
    • Posts 11
    • Points 140

Cannot change video input on capture

I work for a video game company and need to be able to capture live sources (such as video from gaming consoles).  We just recieved a second-hand Media Composer 3.5 system (HP xw8400) with an Adrenaline DNA that has the optional DNxcel card.

I have the console connected to the Adrenaline box via it's component cable and the console is set to output 720p video.  After creating a 720p 59.94 project and starting the capture tool I can toggle the source so that MC does not think I'm capturing from a deck.  After using the audio dropdown to select RCA(-10dBu) and activating the A1 and A2 channel selection, I can hear the audio and it's showing up in the VU meter.

I cannot get the video to show up though. The only selection I have available under the video dropdown is HD-SDI, even though the console is connected via the analog component connections on the back of the Adrenaline box.  Any suggestions.  I'm fairly new at using Media Composer but shouldn't there be multiple options available for video input?

OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8), Mojo DX w/ Media Composer 6.0 fibre channel to Unity MediaNetwork 5.1.3, QuickTime 7.6.6, Mid 2010 MacPro:2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 14 2009 3:20 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,689
    • Points 66,755

Re: Cannot change video input on capture

Welcome to the community Jason

JasonByfield:
    shouldn't there be multiple options available for video input?
    Yes indeed, multiple options should be there, a faulty Adrenaline? Any chance that when moving the second hand box from its original location to Your place a damage has occurred? Was it working with the previous owner?

Can You open a test project, plain NTSC, and try to capture composite/component video off a deck or camera or DVD player? I found it difficult to capture from unconventional sources in the past, but not in recent times.

Symphony 20.06, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Wed, Oct 14 2009 12:02 PM In reply to

• Artbayer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 31 2007
    • Munich, Germany
    • Posts 10
    • Points 125

Hi Jason,

unfortunately it is not possible to capture an analog component HD Signal with the Adrenaline DNXcell.

Adrenaline only supports digital HD input,  HD SDI. (But it has an component HD OUT...)

The  Component Input on the Adrenalinebox  you connected to your console is for SD Signals only....

So you have to get a Hardware HD-Component to HD SDI-Converter which you can get for about 1600 Bucks, or you have to stay in SD...

If you stay in SD, I would recommend to capture in a PAL Project, as the Quality, e.g. colors, are much better.

Of  course then you have to switch the console-out to PAL also,

I hope I could help you,

Chris

6x MC Nitris DX 4.0.3 PC Win XP HP XW8600, 8x Adrenaline, 1x Nitris DS, 3x Symphony Nitris, 1x Symphony, Unity Medianet 5.1 FC [view my complete system specs]

It's not a bug, it's a feature!

• Wed, Oct 14 2009 12:21 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,689
    • Points 66,755

Forget and forgive: I overlooked it's about HD component Embarrassed...

Symphony 20.06, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Wed, Oct 14 2009 5:58 PM In reply to

• JasonByfield
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 13 2009
    • Kirkland, WA
    • Posts 11
    • Points 140

Thanks Chris.  We have a Blackmagic Multibridge Pro 2 that should do the live conversion between component HD and HD SDI (in theory).  Thanks for the info.  It's interesting that there is an analog component out but not in...

OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8), Mojo DX w/ Media Composer 6.0 fibre channel to Unity MediaNetwork 5.1.3, QuickTime 7.6.6, Mid 2010 MacPro:2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller