Latest post Sat, Jun 19 2010 4:30 PM by Job ter Burg. 53 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 8 2009 2:17 AM In reply to

• TCurren
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 2,994
    • Points 37,755

Re: Avid Symphony v4.0.2 Released

Todd Prives:
    We don't charge any difference in price between the two. We did several years ago when you bought the plug-ins but since 2004 the new license and upgrade prices have been the same.

Good to know. Maybe you can give Avid some tips here..... :-0

Symphony Nitris Classic, Symphony DX, MC Soft, MC Adrenaline, MC Adrenaline HD, Unity, Terrablock, ProTools [view my complete system specs]

Terence Curren Alpha Dogs, Inc.

Burbank, Ca

www.alphadogs.tv

www.digitalservicestation.com

www.editorslounge.com

• Tue, Oct 20 2009 1:04 AM In reply to

• Larry
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 81
    • Points 1,085

I'd have to agree that this release is not what we wanted. I seem to have new troubles without any gain in functionality for a  $1200 upgrade. 

Mac Pro/Dual six-core/2.66 GHz/32 GB RAM Symphony Nitris DX 7.0.4 Mac Pro/Dual six-core/2.66 GHz/32 GB RAM MC 8.0, 2x Quadro4000, Decklink SONY... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 19 2010 9:19 PM In reply to

berga:
    Are You telling us that if we using MaM we will not get any accepted broadcast master?

No, I was not saying that. Although I'm implying that Mix&Match will not change duration from 24 to 25.

I was saying that in order to create a 25p broadcast master from a 24p sequence, yes, you need Universal Mastering, and Mix & Match will give you something you might not like, and it sure will not give you a 1:1 frame to frame relationship (one frame remaining one frame), like Universal Mastering would.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 19 2010 2:33 PM In reply to

• Ivo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 21 2005
    • Germany
    • Posts 522
    • Points 7,020

Is Universal Mastering working only for digital cut or also if I export a quick time clip from the timeline?

Avid Media Composer 2018.9 MacBook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 19 2010 2:37 PM In reply to

• Ivo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Germany
    • Posts 522
    • Points 7,020

and I saw a MC Version, I think 3.5, with Symphony CC on a notebook without hardware. So it is possible to have the function without Nitris hardware. It worked very well.

I agree tracking mask would be necessary to be up to date.

• Sat, Jun 19 2010 2:57 PM In reply to

Ivo:
    Is Universal Mastering working only for digital cut
    Yes.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 19 2010 2:57 PM In reply to

Ivo:
    and I saw a MC Version, I think 3.5, with Symphony CC on a notebook without hardware.

If you did, then you were looking at a very illegal, cracked version of the software. A normal, legal Symphony install simply will not launch without the Nitris or Nitris DX hardware.

• Sat, Jun 19 2010 4:18 PM In reply to

• Ivo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Germany
    • Posts 522
    • Points 7,020

Still it shows that it is possible without hardware. The software was still named MC not Symphony. So it is just a block in the software code nothing else.

• Sat, Jun 19 2010 4:30 PM In reply to

Ivo:
    Still it shows that it is possible without hardware.

it is just a block in the software code nothing else.

Absolutely. Ever since Nitris DX became the BOB for Symphony, and also an option for MC, the remaining differences are based on (unlocked) software features. Much like the difference between XpressPro/MC/Symphony in the past. Or the various Meridien and ABVB systems (although some of those relied on physical hardware).

Page 4 of 4 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller