Latest post Tue, Sep 29 2009 4:03 PM by Marianna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 21 2009 7:05 PM

• cable
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, May 27 2007
    • Pacific NW
    • Posts 395
    • Points 5,070

Software Engineer contact?

Greetings,

We are a file based commercial and film studio and have found moving data to the Avid's/Unity's to be too time consuming.  We have written our own code to create MXF's and metadata to streamline the process. This works very well for us as we have a large render farm that is used to create the MXF's.  However, we are interested in creating AAF's with embedded essence but are having trouble with the Avid's reading them even though as far as we can tell they should work. 

Is there a way to discuss this with an engineer?  Hire an engineer?  Somehow work with Avid on this?  Any tips? In short, what options are there for a studio like us to obtain development assistance from Avid?

Trevor Cable

Laika, Inc

Portland, OR

20 x Media Composer 8.6.5 Mac Pros 32MB RAM OSX 10.11.6 AJA and Nitris DX hardware Avid Nexis Enterprise [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 29 2009 12:44 AM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Software Engineer contact?

Hi Cable. This is not something that Avid usually does but I will pass your info on to Marianna Montague, Avid's Customer Advocate and she'll contact you soon.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Tue, Sep 29 2009 2:49 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,736
    • Points 224,820
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Trevor,

I just emailed a few folks in the biz dev group to see what they think.  stand by....

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Sep 29 2009 4:03 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,736
    • Points 224,820
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

cable:

Greetings,

We are a file based commercial and film studio and have found moving data to the Avid's/Unity's to be too time consuming.  We have written our own code to create MXF's and metadata to streamline the process. This works very well for us as we have a large render farm that is used to create the MXF's.  However, we are interested in creating AAF's with embedded essence but are having trouble with the Avid's reading them even though as far as we can tell they should work. 

Is there a way to discuss this with an engineer?  Hire an engineer?  Somehow work with Avid on this?  Any tips? In short, what options are there for a studio like us to obtain development assistance from Avid?

Trevor Cable

Laika, Inc

Portland, OR

Trevor.....

marianna again.....   Like Todd said, this is not something we normally offer.  I did ask Biz dev and there advice is to contact the Avid salesperson who should be responsible for tyour account.  They have an applications engineer they work with that might be able to assist you.

The only other advice I can offer is for you to talk to Metaglue.

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller