Latest post Mon, Sep 14 2009 5:55 PM by mikeclark. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Sep 12 2009 7:46 AM

• stustustu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 11 2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 17
    • Points 215

Deko3D aspect ratio

Hi guys,

Another 3D related question (apologies in advance!).

I'm having an issue getting 3D models to import into Deko with the correct aspect ratio.  When I import into Deko the objects are appearing stretched horizontally - interestingly they look correct when I switch my SDI monitor to display in a 4x3 aspect though.  We operate in SD PAL 16x9.

The models are created in 3DS Max 2010, we've tried exporting as both .FBX and .DAE (Collada) with the same issue.

I know in 3DStudio there are render output settings which include output formats & pixel aspect ratios but these don't seem to carry over to exported models.  This is understandable given we aren't actually using 3DStudio to render the output.

Am I overlooking a setting on Deko somewhere perhaps?  Our (new!) Deko software is V5.2 (build 8477-1).

Thanks for your help,

Stu.

Filed under: , , , ,
  • Mon, Sep 14 2009 5:57 AM In reply to

• stustustu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 11 2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 17
    • Points 215

Re: Deko3D aspect ratio

Alright - after some more playing I've found an answer to my question!  Hopefully I can help others who may run into the issue down the track.

The render properties in 3DStudio do play a part when exporting the 3D scene for Deko - not sure how I overlooked this initially but it didn't seem to be making any difference at first.

I guess I would have thought that the aspect would be something that was determined on the displaying device but apparently these render settings carry through when exporting a scene.

So, for widescreen (16x9) anamorphic PAL I had to create custom render settings in 3DStudio.  The settings were 1024x576, image aspect of 1.778 with a pixel aspect of 1.0

Hope this helps someone!

• Mon, Sep 14 2009 5:55 PM In reply to

• mikeclark
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 13 2006
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Re: Deko3D aspect ratio

okay... glad you figured it out.  you answered your question before i could!!!

cheers,

m

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller