Latest post Tue, Jul 14 2009 6:44 PM by intlhuckster. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 14 2009 6:44 PM

Exporting & Re-Importing ALE files

Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody has had any success with exporting a bin as an ALE file, working with that file in another program (excel or fmpro) and then importing the file back into the bin.

I'm working on a Nitris DX with a lot of QuickTime files.  I'm having to enter a lot of imformation into the bin headings and I'm finding the process very slow going.  I was hoping to be able to import the bin (as a txt file) into excel or fmpro where I can use scripts or formulas to enter & edit the information and then re-import the bin back into the Nitris.

I've been able to convert the edited txt file into a new ale file using Avid Log exchange, but I'm having trouble re-importing the bin back into the Avid.  I've tried a couple work arounds and have managed to re-import the bin, but I losing a lot of the imformation that I just entered. 

If anyone has any ideas or has been doing something similar, I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller