Latest post Wed, Jun 24 2009 6:32 PM by DekoCast Dave. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 23 2009 8:23 PM

Delay in field replacement

I have a dekocast scene that has two text fields that are being fed by an external application.  I am getting a two second delay between transitions.  Is this an adjustable parameter in Dekocast?  Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you

• Tue, Jun 23 2009 11:18 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

Re: Delay in field replacement

Most likely it is the Content Interval that is delaying your data updates. Check in the Contents tab,  the content interval should be .1 (decimal then 1) if you want instant updates with new data.  The transition type and duration/rate can also affect the timing. 

If you continue to have a problem please note all the settings in your next e-mail. 

• Tue, Jun 23 2009 11:43 PM In reply to

I apologize for not noting the settings in the orginal post.  I have made changes both up and down the the content interval and the duration stays the same. 

Here are my settings:

Transition Type: Dissolve

Transition Triggering: Auto

Rate: 2

Duration .5

Thank you  for your reply.

• Wed, Jun 24 2009 6:32 PM In reply to

It is very difficult to troubleshoot scenes by describing what you are doing. I often say that it's sort of like describing a painting. If you describe a painting you are looking at and I try to paint it, there's little chance that what I paint will resemble what you are looking at. For that reason, I suggest you call the helpline at (800)639-7364 (options 1, 5, 1) and then send us the scene and we will try to look at it. We would also want to know what version of DekoCast you are running.

That said, I'll suggest the following. Create a simple scene with a single Deko Object. On the Deko Tab, point the filename to your .dko (for test purposes, I always use a .dko that I create in PostDekoLite by doing File->New Graphic; File->Save As ...) and then Select Layer 1. Now, go to the contents tab of the Deko Object and browse to a simple text file which has only a few lines of text (e.g. Line 1, Line 2, Line 3, Line 4). As soon as you click on "Open", the text should start cycling at 1 line per second. Staying on the Contents Tab, now change the interval to something different (you can use the up and down arrows) and you should see the text changing at different rates.

I am running Ver. 4.2.1, but the same techniques should be applicable to older versions. If you're having trouble doing the above, you should call the helpline.

Dave

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller