Latest post Tue, Jun 16 2009 6:16 AM by Abeyta. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 16 2009 5:49 AM

• Abeyta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Phoenix
    • Posts 198
    • Points 2,465

RED Camera Final Cut offline to Symphony online?

Does anyone know if this is this possible? I received a client inquiry today asking about this. I've been reading up on the Avid RED workflow guide but not sure how to get the RED EDL out of Final Cut and Hi res QT media relinked in Avid. The final delivery would be DNxHD output to HDCAM. Has anybody tried this workflow?

Thanks for any help or tips.

Mac Pro 2013 6 Core 3.5ghz, MC Symphony 8.7, 16GB RAM, D700, OS 10.10.5, Ultrastudio 4K, Pegasus2 R6 12TB [view my complete system specs]

Derrick Abeyta | Blu Pixel

Phoenix, Arizona

www.blupixelpost.com

• Tue, Jun 16 2009 5:54 AM In reply to

• TCurren
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 2,994
    • Points 37,745

Re: RED Camera Final Cut offline to Symphony online?

YOU!!!! are a glutton for punishment. ;-)

You will need the current version of Symphony as it is the only one able to read TC on QT imports.

You will need to convert all of the Red movies that are used in the project to DNxHD or uncompressed if you are going that way. Then you will have to batch import after sacrificing a chicken.

I would be more inclined to use Automatic Duck to get the project across vs. EDLs which are an ancient technology and extremely limited.

Or conform in RedCine and export that QT to Symphony. Use the EDL and the old "reformat effect to subdivide sequence" trick.

Symphony Nitris Classic, Symphony DX, MC Soft, MC Adrenaline, MC Adrenaline HD, Unity, Terrablock, ProTools [view my complete system specs]

Terence Curren Alpha Dogs, Inc.

Burbank, Ca

www.alphadogs.tv

www.digitalservicestation.com

www.editorslounge.com

• Tue, Jun 16 2009 6:16 AM In reply to

• Abeyta
    • Not Ranked
    • Phoenix
    • Posts 198
    • Points 2,465

Re: RED Camera Final Cut offline to Symphony online?

Thanks for the suggestions Terence. I had a feeling this was going to be complicated. I need to rethink if I should even attempt this. 

Mac Pro 2013 6 Core 3.5ghz, MC Symphony 8.7, 16GB RAM, D700, OS 10.10.5, Ultrastudio 4K, Pegasus2 R6 12TB [view my complete system specs]

Derrick Abeyta | Blu Pixel

Phoenix, Arizona

www.blupixelpost.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller