Latest post Mon, Dec 23 2013 2:45 PM by GT. 27 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 19 2012 12:55 PM In reply to

• congaman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London, UK
    • Posts 62
    • Points 800

Re: BCC Chroma Keying Workflow in Avid Media Composer

Hi

I'm trying to key a green screen shoot over a graphic background at the same time as changing my foregound to black and white. So far I've done:

V1 - Background graphic

V2 - Green screen shoot - converted to Black and White with CC

V3 - Green screen shoot - Spectramatte (nice) and over the top a Matte Key

I get my foreground to be B&W but the background graphic is bleeding through over the top of the foreground. I've also tried to follow all the other options, including nesting and so on but to no avail. I've also tried using multifilters with BCC also with no success.

Am I doing something wrong?

Your views would be very helpful. I'm on 5.5.3 and would rather not roll back to 5.5.2.

Many thanks. Chris

• Thu, Jan 19 2012 6:13 PM In reply to

• congaman
    • Not Ranked
    • London, UK
    • Posts 62
    • Points 800

All sorted now thanks, having spoken to another editor.

What I missed doing is to turn the Spectramatte to see the alpha and then invert the alpha in the Matte Key.

Looks lovely.

Many thanks.

• Fri, Jan 25 2013 10:15 PM In reply to

• rozroz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 19 2006
    • Posts 142
    • Points 1,750

hi, thanks for this tutorial :)

i gotta ask, is there a way of playing some kind of an offline playback while i work WITHOUT rendering each shot i edit every time? i have a lot of editing and check ups to do and it's very annoying to work like this :( because i cannot see anything when i go out of effect mode, unless i fully render. please tell me there is a "real time" offline option!

(btw- i use MC5.0.3 on windows 7 ultimate 8g ram)

thanks!

• Sat, Jan 26 2013 10:14 AM In reply to

• rozroz
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 142
    • Points 1,750

• Sat, Jan 26 2013 11:21 AM In reply to

• Nnata
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 13 2010
    • London
    • Posts 1,026
    • Points 13,665

• Sat, Jan 26 2013 5:54 PM In reply to

rozroz:
    i gotta ask, is there a way of playing some kind of an offline playback while i work WITHOUT rendering each shot i edit every time?

It depends on what effect you're using.  If it's got a green dot on it, you may be able to play it without rendering if you have a powerful computer.

If it's got a blue dot, you have to render it - there's no other way.

Media Composer 2019.8 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Jan 26 2013 10:38 PM In reply to

• rozroz
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 142
    • Points 1,750

thanks for replying. yea i know about the green/blue dot "buisness", i was just wondering how could it be easier to work when i must render for a minute every edit i make.. :(

maybe an offline or draft mode for the timeline? some kind of "low render" ? but i guess not.

• Sun, Jan 27 2013 8:07 AM In reply to

rozroz:
    maybe an offline or draft mode for the timeline? some kind of "low render" ? but i guess not.

You guess correctly.

Media Composer 2019.8 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Aug 10 2013 3:34 PM In reply to

• roxx_inc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 10 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

can u please show a tutorial with Media Composer 7 and chroma key, no bcc effects in 7 and its different getting to the chroma key spot, thanks

• Sat, Aug 10 2013 4:19 PM In reply to

I just came across this thread and would love to watch the tutorial, but I can't find any link to play the video, using either IE or Firefox.

MC 2018.12.3 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Sun, Dec 22 2013 4:42 PM In reply to

It is NEVER acceptable to have to go back to an older version to complete a task that has been made unusable by a software upgrade.  Was this bug ever fixed?

It's bad enough (but possibly understandable) that the software comes with bugs, but every time it's tweaked to fix a dozen bugs it adds another 15?  Really?  

I'm just doing my first chroma key in years and now find out that the software that I purchased three years ago can't do what it's supposed to.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, because this seems to happen a lot.

• Mon, Dec 23 2013 1:32 PM In reply to

• zabereu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 23 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Hi  is there any problem loading the tutorials because i'm unable to view  them

• Mon, Dec 23 2013 2:45 PM In reply to

• GT
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • South Africa
    • Posts 392
    • Points 4,280

They are all playing fine for me using Firefox.

MC Ver 8.7, Intel Core I5, NVidia Quadro FX 570, 16Gb Ram, 250 Gb system drive, 2 Tb Render/Media drive, Windows 7 64bit Pro, QT 7.6.6 [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller