Latest post Tue, Jun 9 2009 7:05 AM by Alec Cullen. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 9 2009 7:05 AM

• Alec Cullen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 8 2007
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 65
    • Points 940

Import problems Media Composer Adrenaline v.3.0.5

Let me preface this by stating that I am a great fan of Avid Media Composer, but.....

When we first got Media Composers in1995 we were on Macs. Ten years later when we got Adrenalines we were forced, much against our will onto PCs, and XP.

Now, what I want to know is why, when I'm on a windows machine I can't import .WMV files directly into the AVID.

Why do Text files come in unreadable no matter what import setting I try?.

Also, why can I stop Audio from running by clicking in the source monitor, but I can't stop picture by the same means?

And why is it that if I've added a comment on audio in the timeline if I alter the audio level, the comment disappears? It only happens the first time the level is changed. The same thing happens on the image if you add an effect.

EDL manager is a complete pain, EDL tool was much easier and more stable.

These and lots of other bugs have been around since I first started using AVID in 1994. Unfortunately however, Australia is treated like a backwater and we're told we can only contact Head office via Singapore. This goes some way to explaining why lots of people are migrating to platforms like Final Cut Pro and Aurora...their reps actually ask for feedback and try to act on it.

And finally, why, oh why did you get rid of "mouse shuttle"?

imac 3.4ghz Intel Core i7 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller